Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA new 2024 rule book: holsters

There were a couple of people who got hemmed up at Nationals for holsters that the MD felt weren't "suitable for every day carry" which was subjective. A 3 inch limit seems a lot more reasonable, although it does mean fat guys can wear holsters with a greater offset

Site Supporter
    I’m a current IDPA member and SO.

Why the F#@* do I have to learn that there’s a new rulebook from a post on P-F?

I’d think that an email with an attached PDF to all current members would be the norm, or at least to current SO’s who are expected to know and enforce the rules.

/rant

Is there a list of changes somewhere?
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 12-18-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m a current IDPA member and SO.

Why the F#@* do I have to learn that there’s a new rulebook from a post on P-F?

I’d think that an email with an attached PDF to all current members would be the norm, or at least to current SO’s who are expected to know and enforce the rules.

/rant
    But it’s not the actual rule book for another two weeks…

And it’s IDPA lol.

Half the existing members still think you can’t drop a mag with one in the pipe and another 25% still think AIWB is going to shoot their dicks off.

I have a female friend and it looks like the angled BOSS joint without spacer might work and I am taking it to mean 3” from the outside top of slide dimension because obviously the butt is going to be farther than 3” unless you have a curved gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    But it’s not the actual rule book for another two weeks…

And it’s IDPA lol.

Half the existing members still think you can’t drop a mag with one in the pipe and another 25% still think AIWB is going to shoot their dicks off.

I have a female friend and it looks like the angled BOSS joint without spacer might work and I am taking it to mean 3” from the outside top of slide dimension because obviously the butt is going to be farther than 3” unless you have a curved gun.
    It’s a measurement of the holster itself, doesn’t address the gun at all:

“may not protrude more than 3" (7.62cm) out from the shooter's body as measured from the from the body, at the top of the belt, to the outside of the holster (see Figure 3 below)“

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    It’s a measurement of the holster itself, doesn’t address the gun at all:

“may not protrude more than 3" (7.62cm) out from the shooter's body as measured from the from the body, at the top of the belt, to the outside of the holster (see Figure 3 below)“
    That’s true!

Wow all this stuff they have been changing over the last 2 years and now they come up w/ a max offset of 3 inches. Dang I think I could use a 1 inch spacer between holster body and mount. And then they show a picture of a holster w/ a gun in it so you can't actually see how far the holster is offset. Oh well, at least there is a max and a very easy way to measure it. I doubt there will be problems staying within the 3inches. Anyone see anything about thigh straps? I guess they wouldn't be concealed unless you wore a really long coat so not legal?

Site Supporter
    I just got the email from IDPA HQ

I think that 3 inches for what IDPA claims to be is far too generous but at least it will be clear and easy to make the call now.

User Tag List