Quote Originally Posted by gun.related View Post
    target: A4 paper as body, double folded A4 paper as a head target
    total round counts: 28
    score to pass: 26

from 3yards 1 round to head in 1,5sec
    from 3yards 2 rounds to body in 1,5sec
    from 7 yards 2 rounds to body, reload, 2 rounds to body in 5,5sec
    from 7 yards 2 rounds to body, 1 to head in 3sec
    from 7 yards 6 rounds strong hand, reload, 6 rounds weak hand to body in 12 sec
    from 25 yards 2 rounds to body, reload, 2 rounds to body in 7,5sec
    from 7 yards clear double feed, 2 round to body in 4,5sec

I have found different version of this drill, but I think this one should be more correct.
    Frankly.... not sure what this is all about....For example a few other options, just for reference:
    Mr. White standards: from 7 yards 2 rounds to body, 1 to head - 1.7 Sec vs 3 sec(!!!) in this drill even though the head shot is way bigger.

Also from 7 yards 2 rounds to body, reload, 2 rounds to body should be maximum 3 sec, comfortably, not 5.5 sec as in this drill. A good GM/M could do in a little over 2 sec. Some of them are members of this forum, BTW
    Last edited by cheby; 07-18-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Frankly.... not sure what this is all about....For example a few other options, just for reference:
    Mr. White standards: from 7 yards 2 rounds to body, 1 to head - 1.7 Sec vs 3 sec(!!!) in this drill even though the head shot is way bigger.

Also from 7 yards 2 rounds to body, reload, 2 rounds to body should be maximum 3 sec, comfortably, not 5.5 sec as in this drill. A good GM/M could do in a little over 2 sec. Some of them are members of this forum, BTW
    This may surprise you but many SOP guys, seals included, aren't as good at shooting as many people who only focuses on shooting full time. Shooting is only one part of being a SEAL.

Somewhat related story: Mike Pannone (former delta) once went to his first civilan shooting competition while he was still operational. He said he got there and seen an old guy on oxygen and a soccer mom. He was in his prime and was super confident that he was going to have no problems. Long story short, both the old guy on oxygen and the soccer mom beat him pretty badly. He said he was very humbled. He shared this story at the first Protector Symposium.

That Mike Pannone story tracks my experience with Ashley Spurlin at a 2011 or 2012 IDPA club match in Charleston.

He was a USAF SF guy (I think a combat controller) that did pretty well in one of the early seasons. He was safe on the stages and easygoing but only scored around the middle of Sharpshooter, if I am remembering everything correctly.

I don’t think DOD is paying those guys or having them trained to get GM cards.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    ....I don’t think DOD is paying those guys or having them trained to get GM cards.
    With *very* few exceptions, the DoD barely gives us enough ammo to do a yearly pistol qual. Let alone get in any decent practice/familiarization fire.

An IDPA Sharpshooter is literally John Wick incarnate compared to most uniformed SM's toting a pistol.

User Tag List