Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 - here we go....

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The mags that shipped with my 3 S2’s are identical to the 17 round Mec-Gars. I’ve had zero issues with any CZ/Mec-Gar mags. One set of 8 has 70,000 rounds through them.
    These are the exact same mags as the factory mags minus the CZ logo. They work great and are far cheaper that OEM

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The mags that shipped with my 3 S2’s are identical to the 17 round Mec-Gars. I’ve had zero issues with any CZ/Mec-Gar mags. One set of 8 has 70,000 rounds through them.
    Mine were not identical. The S2 mags looked universal 9mm and .40, with markings / witness holes on either side, each representing one of the two calibers. I haven't mic'd them, but visually with rounds inserted, it appears the factory multi caliber mags may be a bit loose, as more of the 9mm cartridge appears to be showing in the factory. That's my recollection anyway. I'm in the middle of packing and all the factory mags are packed (I think). I only use MecGar for competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Mine were not identical. The S2 mags looked universal 9mm and .40, with markings / witness holes on either side, each representing one of the two calibers. I haven't mic'd them, but visually with rounds inserted, it appears the factory multi caliber mags may be a bit loose, as more of the 9mm cartridge appears to be showing in the factory. That's my recollection anyway. I'm in the middle of packing and all the factory mags are packed (I think). I only use MecGar for competing.
    From all the samples I have looked at the 17 round mags are sometimes not multi marked with 40 but are the same tube as the 40 cal 12 round mags. I dont think mecGar has made anything different in the last few years. I know I have a couple sets of Multi marked nickel mags and a couple that arent marked multi. We get them both ways from the factory so it varies a little when I go get a new set.

I have seen shadow 2s that came with CZ magazines, not mecgar (Around 2018). Different tubes and mag pads. Old style from Shadow 1

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I have seen shadow 2s that came with CZ magazines, not mecgar (Around 2018). Different tubes and mag pads. Old style from Shadow 1
    Ugh. That sucks.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have yet to see one come in the country that way, are you sure they were the mecgar with the plus 2 pads? We have had some come that way as thats how they sell in most of the world but the US is special and gets the 17 round mags instead of 19.

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    I have yet to see one come in the country that way, are you sure they were the mecgar with the plus 2 pads? We have had some come that way as thats how they sell in most of the world but the US is special and gets the 17 round mags instead of 19.
    I have owned and worked on over a dozen of various Shadow 1s and shadow 2s. I have over 50 cz mags right now. So yes, I'm sure.

I have owned and worked on over a dozen of various Shadow 1s and shadow 2s. I have over 50 cz mags right now. So yes, I'm sure.
    Wonder if someone swapped them at the DIS/Dealer. I have handled a lot of shadows when they first arrive hear at CZ and I havent ever seen one arrive with the old 18 round mags, but it is the factory so its always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    Wonder if someone swapped them at the DIS/Dealer. I have handled a lot of shadows when they first arrive hear at CZ and I havent ever seen one arrive with the old 18 round mags, but it is the factory so its always possible.
    I am thinking now that the gun that came with cz magazines was probably from CZ Custom unless I am misremembering. I actually sold those mags . They are more expensive than 17rd mecgars for some odd reasons. So no complaints.

Best dry fire practice with the Shadow 2 yet. It’s starting to feel a bit more normal and more subconscious.

Transitions are definitely different than with the Glock. I’m not going to say slower, as my standard par times were attainable, but I really have to muscle the gun around to get it to do what I want. It settles into targets better than the Glock, if that makes sense. Sight wobble is less pronounced.

I have modified my support hand grip a little to improve draw speed. With a Glock I can grip easily around the underside of the trigger with my support hand index finger. This is a slower process for the Shadow, so I’ve abandoned it for a more conventional grip and it has helped me get closer to my normal par times.

More work ahead!
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List