Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 - here we go....

My first real dry fire with the gun tonight. The extra weight was not noticeable once the gun was fully out of the holster. Index was not terrible and I was getting close to matching my Glock par times on draws.The front sight may be a bit too wide, I will decide if i need a thinner one after my first live fire session. Transitions are a tiny bit off, due to the weight, but I’m sure it will come. Reloads were a little questionable, but I also smoked a couple of really great ones, so I have no worries I’ll get there.

The slide stop is going to be replaced with a flat slide stop. It hits me right in the support hand thumb knuckle. I have two on backorder.
    Name:  EF2DCBCB-DA97-400E-A162-4AD8D891C5C7.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  49.9 KB

Those Lok grips are crazy grippy, calluses are going to form for sure. I know my grip is solid when I feel mild discomfort in my strong hand finger tips when applying pressure from my support hand.
    Name:  92F1DB86-2F49-4D1E-A200-255757CCABD2.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  40.5 KB
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I took a bit of fine sandpaper to the front edges of my Lok grips, because of what you are describing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Subscribed. I’ve kicked this around several times but the tactical Timmy side of me won’t let me do it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Always nice to see all-encompassing love, especially when love for one feeds love for another. As in, having tried to stick with the Zee like three times in last two years, you never failed to return to Glocks within a month. Love is a strong thing.

RE Shadow 2: main thing I like about it is that, once you got it, you cannot, absolutely and positively, blame anything on a gun.

RE setup: I've had one extended FP stick inside that little hole, made for a fun day. I replaced it with a standard setup, and I don't even know which one of my three slides it is n. I also don't know what mainspring I have. I think it is 11 lbs. Never a light strike.

This is my last five years of shooting Carry Optics — all roads travel through “Glock.”

Name:  8AE3E1D8-A8BC-45AB-AECB-10CDCCB93A28.jpeg
Views: 980
Size:  58.9 KB

You done good.
    All I know is what I read on the internet but it seems the trend is to heavy guns. Hundreds of dollars extra for iron butts on 2011s.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    My first real dry fire with the gun tonight. The extra weight was not noticeable once the gun was fully out of the holster. Index was not terrible and I was getting close to matching my Glock par times on draws.The front sight may be a bit too wide, I will decide if i need a thinner one after my first live fire session. Transitions are a tiny bit off, due to the weight, but I’m sure it will come. Reloads were a little questionable, but I also smoked a couple of really great ones, so I have no worries I’ll get there.

The slide stop is going to be replaced with a flat slide stop. It hits me right in the support hand thumb knuckle. I have two on backorder.
    Name:  EF2DCBCB-DA97-400E-A162-4AD8D891C5C7.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  49.9 KB
    You grip this gun as a glock, that is why you are having an issue with the slide stop. I had this issue 5 years ago when I moved out of glocks to Shadow as well. I advise against the flat slide stop because you are going to have a problem reaching it while slide lock reloading. Fix your grip instead. (Assuming you are still shooting production with this gun).... Glocks are so different from pretty much everything else. Recently I entertained an idea of shooting CO with a pimped up G34 MOS inspired by Stoeger. I spent two days practicing with it and I absolutely hated it at the end.
    I think it is either Glocks or pretty much everything else. Not both.

I agree with @cheby about the slide stop, but I have no problem going back and forth between CZs and Glocks. I find them more similar than they are to a Sig or 2011.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I agree with @cheby about the slide stop, but I have no problem going back and forth between CZs and Glocks. I find them more similar than they are to a Sig or 2011.
    Interesting. I have no problem switching between 2011 and X5 legion or Shadow 2 (Still looking for the right grips though). I did work for a few months to modify my grip when I started shooting 2011. The new (To me) grip works fine for everything now.
    (BTW, the key to get used to 2011 for me was to find the right magwell)

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    You grip this gun as a glock, that is why you are having an issue with the slide stop. I had this issue 5 years ago when I moved out of glocks to Shadow as well. I advise against the flat slide stop because you are going to have a problem reaching it while slide lock reloading. Fix your grip instead. (Assuming you are still shooting production with this gun).... Glocks are so different from pretty much everything else. Recently I entertained an idea of shooting CO with a pimped up G34 MOS inspired by Stoeger. I spent two days practicing with it and I absolutely hated it at the end.
    I think it is either Glocks or pretty much everything else. Not both.
    Have you seen my freakishly long thumb in the pic above? I won’t have any problems hitting the slide release. LOL!
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Have you seen my freakishly long thumb in the pic above? I won’t have any problems hitting the slide release. LOL!
    You and our President have something in common.

User Tag List