Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 - here we go....

The mags that shipped with my 3 S2’s are identical to the 17 round Mec-Gars. I’ve had zero issues with any CZ/Mec-Gar mags. One set of 8 has 70,000 rounds through them.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I shoot all Glocks. Dabbled with a Tanfo Stock II for a bit. My dealer has both the S2 Orange and the A01LD. I want to get one to play with but I’m torn.

CZ Shadow-2 Mags

Since I'M restricted to 10-RD mags, the dealer online who I bought the gun from send it to me with 3 Mec-gar 10-Rd mags, I don't recall any problem with the mags.

My Shadow-2 really don't like Federal 115-GR Brass,(and 115-Gr in general) and get jammed while shooting this round with FTE and stovepipes.

Simong.

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Since I'M restricted to 10-RD mags, the dealer online who I bought the gun from send it to me with 3 Mec-gar 10-Rd mags, I don't recall any problem with the mags.
    I run the MecGar 10 round mags for production and “Carry optics 10”. They run without issue.

I shoot some matches in NJ, which is why I got the 10 rounders. Originally I was going to get 15s, since that was the limit at the time. I knew they were one Democrat governor away from a 10 round ban, and unfortunately I was right.

Congrats on your S2. I did the same last year when moved from my glock 34 to the S2 in CO’s. Personally there is was a noticeable difference in shooting and I much preferred the shadow over the glock. I did have some a few malfunctions with the shadow and it was very finicky with ammo. (I was shooting factory and not reloading then) I had CZ custom do their magic on the trigger and mount with their plate system for CO’s, also had the Lok bogies, really liked the set up. My gun weighted 43.5 oz. I hope it works great for you.

I’ve moved to Open at the beginning of this year and haven’t looked back. Wish I would have done that sooner, lol.

Thanks for this thread OP. I am thinking of dipping into CZs myself....TON of great info here!

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    My Shadow-2 really don't like Federal 115-GR Brass,(and 115-Gr in general) and get jammed while shooting this round with FTE and stovepipes.
    I suggest avoiding 115 gr. 9mm for your Shadow2 (and in general). If you have no other option, try experimenting with recoil springs.

Speaking of recoil springs: this year, I switched to heavier CZC springs (13# and 14#) and am really happy with the results. This is a very personal thing, but it's worth playing with.

Cartridge length (too long) is the most common cause of malfunctions in CZs. The lands are very close to the chamber mouth, and you need to run much shorter loads than will fit in a Glock. My 124gr round nose Bluebullets load has COL = 1.11". Some factory loads won't work, although in my experience that's rare.

As well, it's important to keep the chamber mouth clean. If a ring of lead gets deposited, it's possible to have an out-of-battery detonation because of the extended firing pin. Ask me how I know.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have shot over 200K through various CZs for the last 5 years. Mostly my reloads but also a broad variety of factory ammo. While it is true that the OAL is one of the possible issues with these guns, I have never experienced any problems with any factory
    ammo. From what I know @YVK shoots 115gr factory ammo with no issues either.

In my experience, the #1 reason for any feeding issues (If any) is the extractor. Keep it clean. #2 issue is magazines. Mecgar magazines especially while loaded to Production (10rds) capacity with the original springs and followers are bullet proof though. The factory, older CZ magazines are not really durable, because the thin aluminum tubes. I used to try to re-tune their lips but eventually just got rid of them completely. The recent CZ production magazines for Tactical Sport are good and last for a long time though in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I have shot over 200K through various CZs for the last 5 years. Mostly my reloads but also a broad variety of factory ammo. While it is true that the OAL is one of the possible issues with these guns, I have never experienced any problems with any factory
    ammo. From what I know @YVK shoots 115gr factory ammo with no issues either.
    I am probably at 30K, trying to be conservative, through my two Dos-Shadows. Pre-'rona two 115 gr loads were my go to ammo. 115 gr Federal American Eagle chronos at 130-133 from both of mine and is/was my match ammo. 115 fr TMJ Speer Lawman was my indoors practice ammo. The bulk of those 30K were those two loads.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

All factory ammo through my Shadow 2 pistols — PMC and American Eagle 115.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List