Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 - here we go....

Video from last weekend, MXAD drill with the Shadow 2 - targets at 7 and 15 yards.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I put 350 rounds of 124g AE through the S2 yesterday.

The gun ran perfectly.

Total rounds through the gun: 1,771
    Malfunctions: 2

I had some specific speed goals today and really pushed splits hard in doubles. .15 splits are now getting relatively easy with the gun. I ran some ridiculously fast splits at 15-25 yards just to see what was possible. If I do my job, I think 15-25 yard targets are where this gun will help me shave some time.

I spent 200 rounds on MXAD and it continues to teach me things. I moved the near target to 5 yards, instead of 7, and I thought that would make reaching my 2.5 goal a little easier. Turns out I was wrong. I initially had a bunch of trouble with the 15 yard target, I would push shots high-right or low-left.

I caught on to what I was doing and then started to focus on visualization, focusing on specific points on each target rather than the front sight, and relaxing my firing hand. I was rewarded with clean runs in the 2.7 and 2.6 range. Eventually, I had two solid runs, a 2.46 and a 2.55 near the end of the session. I did get into the 2.3’s with less than optimal hits, but 2.3 clean runs are the next goal!

Splits on the 2.46 were: 1.09, .19, .16, .18, .17, .18, .27, .22

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Ben demonstrated that drill in our recent class. I was just discussing it with YVK the other day, and I think both of us are a little unclear as to what the exact point is?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ben demonstrated that drill in our recent class. I was just discussing it with YVK the other day, and I think both of us are a little unclear as to what the exact point is?
    PM inbound.
    --

I put 300 rounds of 124g AE through the S2 on Sunday.

The gun ran perfectly.

Total rounds through the gun: 2,071
    Malfunctions: 2

So the gun clicked over 2,000 rounds with no further problems. I wish I had never used the CZ mags. The gun came with three Mec-Gar mags and I have no doubt if I had stayed with them it would have ran through the 2000 round challenge with no problems at all. In fact, the gun is running so well, and the Lucas Red N‘ Tacky #2 is still where it needs to be, I see no reason to clean it. I think I’ll try to get 4K out of the gun without cleaning and see what happens.

Pro-Grip has turned the grips white, and it’s kinda dirty, but nothing outrageous.

Name:  E8FB136A-AF92-4824-B584-DF22B7EA9795.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  95.0 KB
    --

I put 300 rounds of 124g AE through the S2 on Sunday.

I had one round that would not ignite after multiple attempts. Obviously a bad primer.
    Name:  292B827F-3C22-4287-8FB5-2F9A62F720FB.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  69.0 KB

Total rounds through the gun: 2,371
    Malfunctions: 3

I was able to shoot a 95-2X at 25 yards with my first 10 rounds out of the gun. The rest of the time I spent on doubles, MXAD and go stop.

Name:  34519B8C-5B8F-4345-80B1-71BC96F573AD.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  69.6 KB

My custom Lok Palm Swell Bogies also came in. I asked for them to be “tall on top” to give me more bite on my support hand higher up on the grip. They did an excellent job and customer service and communication was top notch.
    Name:  E7FFFD18-0506-4A69-9154-B28BDB21EE76.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  75.6 KB
    --

Tracking rounds:

I had a club match a couple weeks ago. Put another 199 rounds through the Shadow. No issues.

Total rounds through the gun: 2,570
    Malfunctions: 3

Still haven’t cleaned it.

I took fist in production and 3rd overall at 98% of the top two open guys. Still can’t catch them, but I am hoping to next match. I have noticed that I can split the Shadow a bit faster than my Glock on partials and distant targets in a match setting. We have a lot of those at my Club matches, so the difference is starting to become more noticeable.
    --

Tracking rounds:

I haven’t shot this gun in three months, but just before my shooting hiatus, I put another 537 rounds through the gun during a match and a practice session. I had one failure to extract when shooting weak hand during the practice session. I got my support hand thumb too high on the slide serrations and it impeded the slide movement. My fault entirely.

Name:  F71FFD4F-90CB-48BC-AD30-98D28BB998E6.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  66.9 KB

Total rounds through the gun: 3,107
    Stoppages: 4

I still have not cleaned it.
    --

User Tag List