Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 - here we go....

Have you shot a match with it yet?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you shot a match with it yet?
    Nope, three weeks from now. I shot a match a week and a bit ago with my Glock. I wanted to have a full month on the gun before I shot it at a match.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

DA trigger pull has dropped to just under 6.75lbs now through use. No change in SA, still at 2.75lbs. I'm honestly very impressed with the trigger with just a spring change. I see no reason to mess with it further.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    DA trigger pull has dropped to just under 6.75lbs now through use. No change in SA, still at 2.75lbs. I'm honestly very impressed with the trigger with just a spring change. I see no reason to mess with it further.
    Very nice, I'm sure you are happy with this type of performance with just a spring change.

My Shadow went to Cajun in LA, Slide cut for RMR, Barrel Bushing Full trigger job 5.5 LB DA very smoothhhhh, SA average 2.50 very minimal & clean takeup very short reset as well.

I'm happy.

Simong.

I put another 300 rounds through the Shadow yesterday. No issues this time, all 124g Blazer Brass.

Total rounds through the gun: 600
    Malfunctions: 2

I was feeling more connected to the gun this time. Splits are starting to come down and I got down into .14 and .15’s on some drills. Draws are still at least a .10th slower in live fire.

It’s not as forgiving as I had hoped with a mediocre grip, but free rides are rare. When I grip it properly, it is starting to show some promise. A few 7 yard movement drills had me feeling pretty confident with the gun as long as I did my part.

Much work to do!
    --

I put another 300 rounds through the Shadow yesterday; 150 rounds 124g AE and 150 rounds of 124g Blazer Brass.

No further malfunctions.

Total rounds through the gun: 900
    Malfunctions: 2

I’m still faster with my Glock. Best Bill drill yesterday was 2.26 clean. I was comfortably under 2 seconds with my Gen 5. I’m not unsurprised with this, as I have years more time on Glocks. I’ll continue to train on it for several months and see what happens.

The rest of the time yesterday was spent on doubles and barricade entry and exit drills.

Waldo, our resident range Llama, was not impressed, not at all, and gave me a healthy dose of side eye to go with my bowl of suckage.
    Name:  5B330E43-3CA7-46F7-8A39-35D1AF616FCA.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  103.2 KB
    --

I attended my first match with my Shadow 2 last Sunday. It did not go well.

221 rounds 124g AE through gun.

Total rounds through the gun 1,121.
    Malfunctions 2

I had a bunch of errors associated core gun handling and more specifically, with shooting too many rounds on B-Zone steel/mini poppers and hitting slide lock. With my Glock, slide lock reloads were a strength, and I could time the slide to drop with the insertion of the mag. I can't do this with the Shadow 2 and ended up dropping the slide prematurely. It messed be up three times during the match. Subsequent pracitce shows a very high success with auto-forwarding on the Shadow 2 so I may train this exclusively and see if I can get that to 100%. Regular reloads were bad too.

Accuracy was also not where I wanted it. I believe hand tension crept in due to my errors and also lack of match exposure with the Shadow. It will get better.

I can't wait to get rid of the CZ mags! On the first stage a CZ mag momentarily hung up the slide making me think I had a malfunction. It dropped when I pulled the gun in, saving me another malfunction, but cost me time. I have more Mec-Gar mags on the way. The CZ mags are barely even useful for practice.

Video below, you can hear my frustration.
    --

After years of messing around with Glock and CZ pistols, I have come to the conclusion that the CZ is an especially good pistol for someone that has not learned trigger control with the Glock. For someone who has, there is no special advantage and it comes down to which pistol gels with your style better.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    After years of messing around with Glock and CZ pistols, I have come to the conclusion that the CZ is an especially good pistol for someone that has not learned trigger control with the Glock. For someone who has, there is no special advantage and it comes down to which pistol gels with your style better.
    I don't disagree with this. Though, I have not come to the conclusion that The CZ is not for me yet. It's not a fair comparison for me to drop it just yet, after a couple of years exclusively shooting Glocks. I'm quite confident I would have shot better with my Glocks at this match, so the myth of CZ being an instant upgrade is all but shattered. I think there are benefits to both pistols. It remains to be seen which platforms benefits I find more attractive. Only time with the gun will teach me what is more important.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I don't disagree with this. Though, I have not come to the conclusion that The CZ is not for me yet. It's not a fair comparison for me to drop it just yet, after a couple of years exclusively shooting Glocks. I'm quite confident I would have shot better with my Glocks at this match, so the myth of CZ being an instant upgrade is all but shattered. I think there are benefits to both pistols. It remains to be seen which platforms benefits I find more attractive. Only time with the gun will teach me what is more important.
    Agreed. For me, a Glock draws and transitions better, where the CZ splits better. I like the metal MecGar CZ mags over Glock, except that the Glock mags can be dropped in the dirt, shook, and they are generally fine. Maintenance is simpler with the Glock, and I carry one. I like the Lok grips on the CZ. The CZ is prettier.

User Tag List