Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY nanny state

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Cuomo needs more control at the NY state border. More troopers, checkpoints, searches, etc.
    Ever go to NY from VT by car?

You’ll see a sign informing you politely that if you have a handgun, it’s a mandatory two(?) year sentence if caught.

Freedom be dangerous.
    Freedom to be an idiot. (know one, who decided two years ago, to tape a large morter on a hard hat, and hold it on his head. Now his hands are in the same shape as his brains; useless.

Cuomo needs more control at the NY state border. More troopers, checkpoints, searches, etc.
    Ah, so daddy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Ever go to NY from VT by car?

You’ll see a sign informing you politely that if you have a handgun, it’s a mandatory two(?) year sentence if caught.
    I avoid the Northeast and will continue to.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Freedom to be an idiot. (know one, who decided two years ago, to tape a large morter on a hard hat, and hold it on his head. Now his hands are in the same shape as his brains; useless.

Ah, so daddy issues.
    That right there is natural selection at it's best, tape a mortar to your head f'n kabom.

I lost a commercial building to a fire caused by falling illegal fireworks a few years ago and two of my dogs will spend the next two weeks cowering each night so I don't see them as totally benign. I'm a heavy sleeper, but I also know many who will be groggy and grumpy at work due to people setting them off at semi-regular intervals from 830pm to about 2am every night.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A young man in my area was riding around throwing lit cherry bombs out his car window. He had a box of them between his legs. One bomb blew back into the vehicle and into the box of bombs, He lost both legs and those other organs too.
    Darwin candidates keep on self selecting.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The displays on 7/4 and 12/31-1/1 each year are pretty spectacular here in TX, but I'm always bothered by the lack of common sense on display when you look closely at the operations.

I grew up near a reservation where everything was available, and adults started giving me stuff to mess with when I was quite young. As a result, I learned through baby steps what was good, clean fun and what was likely to go badly.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can tell you that fireworks were not scarce in NYC during my formative years. What we couldn't get or buy from folks we knew in our neighborhood, we obtained by taking the subway to Chinatown in lower Manhattan where the whole range was available for purchase from various vendors.

It was an exciting time for a kid.
    Please write a biography. I mean it!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Please write a biography. I mean it!
    @JRB, thanks but it's no different or better than anyone else's story here, including yours, brother. I've just had more years to compile some of it.
    (I'll stick to telling tales here around the campfire where I'm comfortable with my tribe.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    My buddies and I used to throw mortar shells like grenades. It’s a wonder we never got hurt.

I’m not surprised NY is focusing on a tiny sapling in the massive forest of problems that are out there.

User Tag List