Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY nanny state

NY nanny state

NY is protecting the children from illegal fireworks! You know Cuomo looks upon Chinese mass surveillance and totalitarianism approvingly.

https://www.syracuse.com/state/2020/...g-from-pa.html

New York — The New York State Police is launching a new effort to stop illegal fireworks from coming into the state from Pennsylvania, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.

The move comes in response to widespread complaints of fireworks throughout the state, Cuomo said. The problem has affected the New York City area and numerous communities in Upstate New York, including Syracuse.

Fireworks remain illegal in New York, Cuomo added. They’re also dangerous and hurt children and others every year, he said.
    #RESIST

I can tell you that fireworks were not scarce in NYC during my formative years. What we couldn't get or buy from folks we knew in our neighborhood, we obtained by taking the subway to Chinatown in lower Manhattan where the whole range was available for purchase from various vendors.

It was an exciting time for a kid.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Was always easy to get them across the border in PA, but then around each July 5th, they would publish how many people lost fingers the night before. I will stick to making noise with my guns.

Bob

If Cuomo thinks fireworks is a problem in NY he is a bigger idiot than I thought.
    Tell me about the rabbits George. Of Mice and Men

So what actual issues, is e using this to distract people from?

Site Supporter
    A young man in my area was riding around throwing lit cherry bombs out his car window. He had a box of them between his legs. One bomb blew back into the vehicle and into the box of bombs, He lost both legs and those other organs too.

Quote Originally Posted by mdf9183 View Post
    If Cuomo thinks fireworks is a problem in NY he is a bigger idiot than I thought.
    He's a bigger idiot than you thought.

(And that's probably no mean accomplishment.)

You'd need a proctoscope to go mining for his or de Blasio's brain.

Scorecard:

Acceptable: Rioting, Tearing Down Statues, Looting, Shooting, Vandalism, Robbery, Arson

Not Acceptable: Fireworks...and...Defending oneself from the acceptable category
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    A young man in my area was riding around throwing lit cherry bombs out his car window. He had a box of them between his legs. One bomb blew back into the vehicle and into the box of bombs, He lost both legs and those other organs too.
    Freedom be dangerous.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    So what actual issues, is e using this to distract people from?
    Cuomo needs more control at the NY state border. More troopers, checkpoints, searches, etc.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Cuomo needs more control at the NY state border. More troopers, checkpoints, searches, etc.
    I’m sure that thought crossed his pea-brain more than once...

User Tag List