Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What is the S&W 627 PC for?

Site Supporter
    I have this gun and enjoy shooting 38 special rounds. I bought it because it is cool. I would like to see a PC Ti Sc n frame in 9mm with a 3” barrel

"What is the S&W 627 PC for?"

For causing violent eruptions of fire and brimstone inside some poor soul's personal space.

Quote Originally Posted by DueSpada View Post
    "What is the S&W 627 PC for?"

For causing violent eruptions of fire and brimstone inside some poor soul's personal space.
    When you need to get some one's attention but are all out of flash bang grenades.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I don’t have the 627PC, but I DO have this 327PC and I dig it. A LOT. When I got it, I test fired it extensively before buying a holster for it. Settled on a Kramer #5 AIWB, and it is great. It’s definitely concealable and for the rounds in the gun, the moon helps get full extraction. The titanium cylinder has some lubricity to it, and it will eject unclipped cases pretty smoothly and easily. I really like this gun, and in a couple decades when I’m older and not as nimble with my hands, this could be a contender for my OLD MAN GUN. I think it’s a great 50 state LEOSA gun too, which may also be its use for me down the road.

Also, for your consideration, the loaded weights of several similar role wheelguns. The 327 weighs as much loaded as the 640 PRO does loaded. Interesting data point. If you can get over the slightly thicker cylinder, the extra three rounds and increased handling capabilities are worth it, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    What's causing that turn line on the forward part of the cylinder?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    What's causing that turn line on the forward part of the cylinder?
    Sherman should answer for his case, but they started embedding a small steel plate under the top strap by the forcing cone on the .357 Scandium frames. Purpose was apparently to spare them flame cutting from the cylinder gap. The ones I have seen are not flush with the frame and create a small sort of step. What I have observed is a sort of deflection effect, the rear edge of that steel plate creates some sort of gas deflection that deposits carbon. I had the same lines on a 360 I owned at one time. Or at least that is my theory as to why it happened.

I think it’s from something in the dye Kramer uses. It’s only started since I got that rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List