Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is the S&W 627 PC for?

I have the 686+ 7-shot L frame version.
    I gutted and plugged the lock, installed a Apex DAO hammer and spring kit, polished the internals.
    It's currently wearing a Hogue Monogrip but I have some VZ's coming.
    Really nice, smooth DAO trigger pull now.
    I don't find the recoil to be anything special (of course I shoot a 340PD all the time, so my baseline might be a bit skewed).
    It's currently my "anti-carjacker" "anti-ANTIFA" center console gun for road trips.
    In that role I see muzzle blast, flash and concussion all as a bonus. I want a big, scary, loud, crowd dispersing handgun.
    I want the crowd to go "Goddamn what the fuck was that!?".

Name:  686+.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  98.4 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Stopped by my parents’ house and got my dad’s out. It really does have a great trigger.

TC215, thanks for sharing some great photos of a revolver I've always thought combined the best features, at least the best features IMHO.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I wish they'd make a run of these as eight-shot 627s. Simple, classic style, stainless. No PC/snubby/Ti/milled flats unnecessary nonsense.
    OJ,

I'd love to see them go full-tilt-retro and give us a 3.5" tapered barrel 627. Replete with a fluted, 8-shot cylinder and topped off with a checkered top strap and barrel rib. But they never listen to me anyway. (lol)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    There is a following for N-Frame snub-guns. The followers may be few, but they are devoted. The pre-keyhole “Bloodwork” 627 is especially desirable. (Apparently, Clint Eastwood carried a “Bloodwork” 627, in a movie.)
    Uh, yeah, the movie was “Bloodwork”.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have the 686+ 7-shot L frame version.

In that role I see muzzle blast, flash and concussion all as a bonus. I want a big, scary, loud, crowd dispersing handgun.
    I want the crowd to go "Goddamn what the fuck was that!?".

Name:  686+.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  98.4 KB
    Someone here talked about the blast of a short barreled 357 being an advantage. It does make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I want a big, scary, loud, crowd dispersing handgun.
    I want the crowd to go "Goddamn what the fuck was that!?"
    Worried at all about firing that in an enclosed space?

Quote Originally Posted by ale View Post
    Worried at all about firing that in an enclosed space?
    I have cauliflower ears from wrestling/BJJ, tinnitus and significant hearing loss from years of being around all kinds of loud stuff.
    The noise of a few 357's being lit off inside the car would be pretty far down the list of things I would be caring about if things were so bad I was lighting off 357's inside my car.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I’d like to see them make it with a fluted cylinder.

Site Supporter
    If my first choice is not having the rest of my life, I'll take damaged hearing for the rest of my life.

At least I'll have the rest of my life to deal with it. (smile)

Dave

@Jody and @Dave

Yes you both touch on a good point! I just ask to see how you weighed the balance of ballistics/power over acoustic concussion/trauma inside a vehicle. Assuming you shoot .357 only it seems like it may be overkill? But I dont know anything lol. So thanks!

User Tag List