Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the S&W 627 PC for?

I confess to owning one of the Airlite/Ti 327 PC snub-gun revolvers. With the super-thin grip panels, that do NOTHING to mitigate recoil, I can, just barely, get enough index finger on the trigger, for a decent DA pull. (Normal-thickness grip panels would not permit me to get enough finger on the trigger.) The trigger pull weight is nicely light, which is not uncommon for key-hole S&W revolvers, but, as FD indicated, there is something different, about the trigger geometry, of the key-hole-era N-Frames.

To keep from wrecking my left thumb and wrist, as I did my right thumb and wrist, with improperly-held N-Frame big-bore Magnums, during the Eighties, this has been a standard-pressure .38 Special wadcutter-only gun, lefty-only, for me. I would only shoot this one right-handed, in a dire emergency.

I envy those with larger hands and longer fingers that can properly manipulate N-Frame revolvers, with normal-thickness grip panels, in DA mode. This is not bitter envy; I am glad for y’all. I am perfectly content to fight with “medium bore” K/L/GP100-sized revolvers.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My dad has one, it's a cool gun. I had the 686 version for a while.

And the movie was...Blood Work.

OK, Blood Work, two words. Thanks. I have never seen it, or heard anyone talk about the movie, itself, just The Gun. (I have seen most of the better-known Clint Eastwood movies.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    OK, Blood Work, two words. Thanks. I have never seen it, or heard anyone talk about the movie, itself, just The Gun. (I have seen most of the better-known Clint Eastwood movies.)
    I don't think you're missing much....it's been a long time since I've watched it, but I don't remember being real impressed.

Looks like nice BUG TO A 4" OR 5" 627.

Site Supporter
    If S&W would put that 2.5" barrel (or better yet a 3") on their 327 fixed sight gun I'd own at least one of them. The 2" 327 looks for all the world like someone damaged a longer barreled revolver and shortened it on the work bench in their garage, with dull hand tools. (smile)

Dave

I don't think you're missing much....it's been a long time since I've watched it, but I don't remember being real impressed.
    I thought it was good. Not a classic like Dirty Harry or Gran Torino but it had a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I thought it was good. Not a classic like Dirty Harry or Gran Torino but it had a good story.
    It’s based on a Michael Connelly novel and I think there is a crossover in a Harry Bosch book or two.

Site Supporter
    Main story is unrealistic but it has its moments. Best part was when Eastwood is trying to bluff a Russian thug with his retired creds and if back fires. The Russian thug, smelling BS says he is not a real cop because “Cops go in twos...”

Id use a 4 or 5 inch version as a walking gun. The 686 mountain guns also interested me but Ive missed the window of opportunity to get one affordably. They had a 4" tapered skinny barrel, similar to the original 27s
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I confess to owning one of the Airlite/Ti 327 PC snub-gun revolvers. With the super-thin grip panels, that do NOTHING to mitigate recoil, I can, just barely, get enough index finger on the trigger, for a decent DA pull. (Normal-thickness grip panels would not permit me to get enough finger on the trigger.) The trigger pull weight is nicely light, which is not uncommon for key-hole S&W revolvers, but, as FD indicated, there is something different, about the trigger geometry, of the key-hole-era N-Frames.

To keep from wrecking my left thumb and wrist, as I did my right thumb and wrist, with improperly-held N-Frame big-bore Magnums, during the Eighties, this has been a standard-pressure .38 Special wadcutter-only gun, lefty-only, for me. I would only shoot this one right-handed, in a dire emergency.

I envy those with larger hands and longer fingers that can properly manipulate N-Frame revolvers, with normal-thickness grip panels, in DA mode. This is not bitter envy; I am glad for y’all. I am perfectly content to fight with “medium bore” K/L/GP100-sized revolvers.

So...what's your homeboy, brother-in-law, police discount price?

I'm looking.

User Tag List