Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Available "acceptable" plate carriers

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I bought a Ferro Concepts Slickster about 18 months ago. For my needs it's a great carrier.

Still liking the Shellback Banshee. It's available from several sources, including optics planet, LA Police gear, etc. Upgraded mine with a Beez Combat Systems skeletal cumberbund w/ FS tubes.

Never rockin' a PC without tubes again.

Beez has alot of great carriers too.

I’m a big fan of the Crye JPC. I’ve got a 1.0. I’ve had a bunch of different carriers. I like this one the best. A quick search shows a bunch of “in stock” options.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I’ve been looking at the LA Police Gear carrier. Then again - I’m no expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I am a satisfied user of the Velocity Systems Scarab

https://www.velsyst.com/collections/plate-carriers

They offer a variety of styles for a variety of uses. Perhaps the there is one here to suit your particular needs. Professional quality gear. When dealing with life sustaining equipment, quality matters.
    Doesn't look any of these are in stock.

This is a great thread right now. I've almost been tempted to buy something cheap until a true carrier is available, but it's like throwing money out of the window. I do see some JPC 1.0 available as well but not much more than that.

I woiuld like to get a Slickster or Spiritus LV-119 but they are just a pipe dream right now and for the near future.

Site Supporter
    I just bought a pair of Hesco L210s so I am looking for a plate carrier. All my Armor experience is Army with the IBA. I am thinking I want more minimalist - any feedback on the Grey Ghost Gear Minimalist? I do not want to get bulked up again like my IBA days with vest, plates, full basic load.

Not surprising that a lot of plate carriers are out of stock. Also noted that a number of plate carriers are "modular" and I get confused about buying a PC but then having to buy cumberbunds, etc. I think I am looking for a simple all in one minimalist solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I just bought a pair of Hesco L210s so I am looking for a plate carrier. All my Armor experience is Army with the IBA. I am thinking I want more minimalist - any feedback on the Grey Ghost Gear Minimalist? I do not want to get bulked up again like my IBA days with vest, plates, full basic load.

Not surprising that a lot of plate carriers are out of stock. Also noted that a number of plate carriers are "modular" and I get confused about buying a PC but then having to buy cumberbunds, etc. I think I am looking for a simple all in one minimalist solution.
    Blue Force Gear has a large multi cam carrier in stock. I’ve never worn one of theirs but I was at a Forge Tactical class last fall and the instructors were wearing them. They looked pretty streamlined.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Didn't want to muck up the armor guide thread with this. Not surprisingly, I'm having trouble finding the more recommended carriers actually in stock anywhere. Does anyone have suggestions for "acceptable until after the election or so" 10x12 plate carriers that are actually in stock?
    I’ve been checking these out https://www.chasetactical.com/produc...-carrier-socc/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Available "acceptable" plate carriers

OPTactical just sent an email saying they have Multicam JPC 2.0s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a brand new spare, medium spiritus LV-119 in multicam. JPC are great too

Site Supporter

Thanks to this forum for getting lots of advice on plate and plate carriers. As stated before, HESCO L210s inbound. Now got a Spiritus LV119 inbound thanks to @theJanitor. Moved into the modern era from my IBA.

User Tag List