Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greg Ellifritz's Snubby Class

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    At least in terms of 5-shot revolvers, what got me to switch from j-frame to LCR was the sights and the options available.
    This.

I also like that Ruger is moving towards more options with a standard Novak cut.

I’ve only trained and hung out with Greg a little bit at PeP3, but I agree that he’s a solid coach, and a great guy to chat with. His wife is cool, and a competent teacher, as well.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the AAR. I love snubby classes and shooting them. I took Claude's class. I would have taken more like Dagga's but time and circumstance intervened. I love to shoot the J's at IDPA matches or short range matches.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Ruger has absolutely taken revolver sights in the right direction. After reading your post, I did a small amount of searching, and found the following:

Ruger offers replacement fiber optic sights for the GP100 and multiple replacement front sights for the LCR, including a Novak tritium replacement sight.

Novak offers replacement front and rear tritium sights for the GP100 and SP101 as well as a tritium front sight for the LCR.

Neither Dawson nor Trijicon offered anything else for Ruger revolvers, although the Novak tritium sights sold either from Novak or through the Ruger website for the SP101 have Trijicon inserts.

Tru Glow offers tritium sights that are for a "Ruger LC" but I believe they are for the LC9, not for a revolver.

So, options exist, but are quite limited. I agree that the ability to change the front sight is far more critical than the ability to change the rear sight, but I do like a 3 dot tritium setup.

XS makes a good LCR sight. https://www.xssights.com/Ruger_LCR_S...n_pr-8353.aspx

Site Supporter
    At the risk of further hijacking this thread about some excellent training, those wishing to have tritium sights on a Colt Python do have an option.

https://stores.kensight.com/tritium-...white-outline/

https://stores.kensight.com/elliason...rounded-blade/

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Seconded. The XS sight makes target acquisition much faster, both when I’m wearing glasses and when I’m not. You lose a bit of “fine” slow fire accuracy, but I haven’t had any issues finding the down-zero zone at up to 15 yards with the XS.

User Tag List