Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a Sig Cross

Ordered a Sig Cross

Ordered this morning at the Sig academy pro shop, to receive a 15% discount.

Black
    6.5 creedmoor
    18” barrel

Cant wait... estimated to arrive in august/September.

Would appreciate recommendations for glass. I am thinking 4-16?
    Last edited by Maca; 06-29-2020 at 01:14 PM.

I've only seen pics online and they look pretty cool.

What is a ballpark that someone would pay for one at a gunshop?

Edit to add my glass recommendation- It depends on what you are going to do with it. If long range, get something with at least 24X.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 06-29-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Is this that "Fix" competitor?

Looks like MSRP is 1649, and sig pro shop quoted right around 1400.

I plan on shooting this out to 600 on a regular basis, with a 1000y stretch at the sig academy class.

So, 4-16 is not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Looks like MSRP is 1649, and sig pro shop quoted right around 1400.

I plan on shooting this out to 600 on a regular basis, with a 1000y stretch at the sig academy class.

So, 4-16 is not enough?
    16X is enough to shoot that far but I like more power so I can see my hits. I have a Vortex 4-16 MIL on my 6BR and have shot it to 1K several times.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Is this that "Fix" competitor?
    Kinda.

Side folding stock precision rifle.

But the biggest differences, the Sig has a 90º throw vs. 45º on The Fix, and the Sig uses an AICS pattern mag vs. The Fix that uses an AR-pattern magazine.

And of course...the price...The Sig is ~1500 and The Fix is ~3300.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    16x is plenty for 1K. The issue becomes one of both glass quality and mirage when you start getting above 16-18x. Even some high end glass starts showing a bit of edge distortion at higher magnifications. Mirage is a real thing too, and I find myself dialing down my 6-24 quite often to help mitigate that. Lots of folks think “the higher the power...the better” and that’s just not the case. Heck...you could do 1K with a fixed 10x easily. I’m in my late 50s with old guy eyes FWIW.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    16x is plenty for 1K. The issue becomes one of both glass quality and mirage when you start getting above 16-18x. Even some high end glass starts showing a bit of edge distortion at higher magnifications. Mirage is a real thing too, and I find myself dialing down my 6-24 quite often to help mitigate that. Lots of folks think “the higher the power...the better” and that’s just not the case. Heck...you could do 1K with a fixed 10x easily. I’m in my late 50s with old guy eyes FWIW.
    This x1000

16x is plenty for shooting to 1k, that magnification range will get you into the more compact scopes that will complement that rifle well.

ATACR 4-16
    Mk 5 3.8-18
    Are two solid options off the top of my head that can usually be found for pretty good prices if you shop around. Especially used.

Stepping up in budget you have the S&B ultra-shorts 5-20, or 3-20, and the ZCO 4-20.

What discount did you use?
    #RESIST

@CS Tactical we need a glass recommendation
    #RESIST

User Tag List