Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On what grounds can Trump intervene? Are there federal charges against them? Otherwise, just hot air as usual. The governor has some powers. Just Trump trying to get his base off the couch for the election. However, does he get other folks off the couch.

Do we remember the uproar when Obama commented on Zimmerman? OMG - that's horrible. He shouldn't have done that. OMG!
    Being creative:

Trump can direct the DOJ to initiate a federal civil rights investigation against the mob and the DA with the couple as victims.

With hold federal funding for the city / county. They will find something.

Whether or not Trump should be doing this is a separate question.

Site Supporter
    Plenty of folks from the Internet Commandos want you to open the door and charge outside to make a symbolic gesture against a group they don't like.

Everything you have learned or trained for , goes out the window so you can be a martyr on their chosen media channel.

Would anyone suggest that a person or two take their ARs and start to yell at the fine folk of Charlottesville? Open fire on the Skokie marches? You might well think it is emotionally satisfying but foolish for you personally. But that's ok for your media fan base!

I still would like to know why an exhibit in a lawsuit was readily available for a spouse to take up and run outside, while hubby seems to be clueless about that action.

Polo shirt guys claims that after he went out, someone clapped two magazines at him. That's after he went out. He had that gun out before that person did that which would seem to negate a direct self-defense claim of seeing armed folks.

I repeat, that I totally support defending your life but not going to praise symbolic idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    There is no doubt that most people aren’t experienced and thoughtful tacticians.
    While I totally agree, there is little excuse for not exercising some judgment and common sense...especially if they've gone to the trouble of purchasing a firearm for home defense.

It doesn't have to be complex.

I know we're in agreement here, I'm only stating that I think it's simple enough to have a rudimentary concept of actions to take in an emerging situation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Being creative:

Trump can direct the DOJ to initiate a federal civil rights investigation against the mob and the DA with the couple as victims.

That's a political question. Does that get another supporter off the couch vs. increasing oppositional turn out or moving undecided against him (if such exist now). I think he will do nothing but sputter.

He might win by trying to look a touch saner than usual. Oh, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous;1075141

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    56551[/ATTACH]
    Apparently Sig has answered the call and brought out a limited edition pistol, perfect to replace the wife’s blaster, so she is better prepared for their next protest.

Name:  1BEB62EE-D777-48AF-80A1-2402D1DBD200.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  55.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If Jennings (or whichever manufacturer) comes out with a "One Crowd, One Karen" slide engraving...
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Also a good example of why posturing with a gun isn't a good plan. Point it when you can't, or won't, shoot and get your bluff called...now what?
    Two choices. Retreat into your house or start shooting. The first choice puts you right back where you would have been if you had never brandished a weapon on your front lawn. So why do that?

The second choice is probably going to get you arrested and prosecuted. Not that shooting people inside your house won't but at least a jury might find that reasonable. I know I would have a very hard time condemning someone for doing that because I would probably do the same thing. I just read an account of someone shooting an intruder here and that person was never charged. What's the point because a jury is likely to see it as self defense.

I'm pretty sure those protesters knew they were on private property, or maybe they just didn't care. Shooting people on private property just isn't a solution. I live on a private road and encounter people frequently that have no business here. Sometimes I'll ask them what their business is. I have a right to do that. If they can't come up with a good answer I just inform them that it's a private road and not open to the public. I then make note of their license plate, make/model of the vehicle and be on my way. I haven't brandished a weapon at anyone and don't plan to. There just isn't any good reason to do that.

One thing that's starting to really piss me off is contract carriers that just roll up in my driveway with unmarked vehicles. I don't know who they are. I've mentioned that to a few of them and they don't seem to care. Not a real good way to run a business.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-15-2020 at 11:09 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Being creative:

https://www.ksat.com/news/politics/2...-louis-couple/

Hawley seeks civil rights probe in case of St. Louis couple

O'FALLON, Mo. – O'U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley on Thursday urged Attorney General William Barr to launch a federal civil rights investigation of St. Louis' elected prosecutor, accusing her of abuse of power in her investigation of a white couple who wielded guns while defending their home during a protest.
    Gardner's office was still investigating, but no charges have been filed. Hawley, a Missouri Republican, wrote in a letter to Barr that Gardner abused her power in seizing the couple's guns, investigating them and pursuing a possible indictment. He called her actions “an unacceptable abuse of power and threat to the Second Amendment.”

“There is no question under Missouri law that the McCloskeys had the right to own and use their firearms to protect themselves from threatened violence, and that any criminal prosecution for these actions is legally unsound,” Hawley wrote. "The only possible motivation for the investigation, then, is a politically motivated attempt to punish this family for exercising their Second Amendment rights.”

Gardner, in a statement, said, “I am deeply disappointed that a U.S. Senator would intervene in a local matter that is under investigation.”

Hawley isn't the only high-level Republican to express concerns about Gardner's investigation. The case caught the attention of President Donald Trump, who spoke by phone with Gov. Mike Parson about it Tuesday.

Parson, when he was in the Legislature, co-authored Missouri's “castle doctrine” law that justifies deadly force for those who are defending their homes from intruders. He said the McCloskeys “had every right to protect their property.”
    Last edited by HCM; 07-16-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Both have been charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Both have been charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon.
    And the Governor has already stated he will pardon them if convicted.

User Tag List