Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Thats about the time my sprinklers used to come on when I lived in town.

Just coincidental.
    Funny that: I had been wondering if there was a good way to consolidate household water pressure into something that would passably imitate a water cannon.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-st-...souri-governor

Trump may intervene in case of St. Louis couple wielding guns at protesters, Missouri governor said
    The couple said they feared protesters would 'kill us'

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m not condoning sticking a gun in someone’s face over it, but am I one of the only people who thinks that “protesting” at someone’s house at 5:30am is grounds for an ass-kicking?
    Showing up at someone’s house with a large unannounced group in today’s climate? Due to the disparity of force going to the mob you wouldn’t have kicked much ass before becoming a footnote. Personally it wouldn’t have been a handgun I answered the door with.

The mob is never unarmed, they have the force of numbers and these people need to learn that by ganging up to threaten someone they become a threat.

Site Supporter
    On what grounds can Trump intervene? Are there federal charges against them? Otherwise, just hot air as usual. The governor has some powers. Just Trump trying to get his base off the couch for the election. However, does he get other folks off the couch.

Do we remember the uproar when Obama commented on Zimmerman? OMG - that's horrible. He shouldn't have done that. OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Showing up at someone’s house with a large unannounced group in today’s climate? Due to the disparity of force going to the mob you wouldn’t have kicked much ass before becoming a footnote. Personally it wouldn’t have been a handgun I answered the door with.

The mob is never unarmed, they have the force of numbers and these people need to learn that by ganging up to threaten someone they become a threat.
    I agree...except I don't think I'd have answered (opened) the door. That said, if the doorway was going to be a fatal funnel, I'd take measures to ensure it was only fatal for those who might forcibly breach it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ives-matter-la

I’m sure we will hear the same outrage over this one.
    “We were shocked,” Abdullah told the Guardian after the incident, which happened just after 5.30am local time. “We were extremely polite. We are clearly peaceful folks. She knows who we are. We’ve never engaged in any violence against her.”
    Nobody is polite at 0530.

Why open the door, though? They want the confrontation, why give it to them?

Also a good example of why posturing with a gun isn't a good plan. Point it when you can't, or won't, shoot and get your bluff called...now what? Right. Close the door and go back inside. Did that make the situation better or worse?

As a private citizen, you're pretty unlikely to be the target of the drum circle on your porch at 0530 routine. My photo is now on social media being circulated as the arresting officer for an arrest "they" are trying to make controversial (and I'm not actually the arresting officer, but truth is irrelevant) so I could, potentially, have the drum circle show up at my house. I'm not answering the door, I'm calling on duty officers to deal with it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I agree...except I don't think I'd have answered (opened) the door. That said, if the doorway was going to be a fatal funnel, I'd take measures to ensure it was only fatal for those who might forcibly breach it.
    Tactically? No opening the door isn’t the best practice. But how are they going to hear you yell “Git off’n my lawn!” thru a closed door?
    Really there comes a time when “they” need to learn that the Silent Majority isn’t toothless.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On what grounds can Trump intervene? Are there federal charges against them? Otherwise, just hot air as usual. The governor has some powers. Just Trump trying to get his base off the couch for the election. However, does he get other folks off the couch.

Do we remember the uproar when Obama commented on Zimmerman? OMG - that's horrible. He shouldn't have done that. OMG!
    It comes from both sides and all of it should be disregarded as political grandstanding. There's nothing wrong with the local judicial system handling the matter. In Obama's case he turned the Zimmerman thing into a civil rights issue which turned out to be nothing a burger. It also happened with Michael Brown, another nothing burger. All that did was prevent local authorities from doing their jobs. You might say it was a true miscarriage of justice brought about by interference from the adm.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Tactically? No opening the door isn’t the best practice. But how are they going to hear you yell “Git off’n my lawn!” thru a closed door?
    Really there comes a time when “they” need to learn that the Silent Majority isn’t toothless.
    Toothless is what I'd be afraid of becoming if I opened the door.

"Get the f^^k off my lawn!!!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Nobody is polite at 0530.

Why open the door, though? They want the confrontation, why give it to them?

Also a good example of why posturing with a gun isn't a good plan. Point it when you can't, or won't, shoot and get your bluff called...now what? Right. Close the door and go back inside. Did that make the situation better or worse?

As a private citizen, you're pretty unlikely to be the target of the drum circle on your porch at 0530 routine. My photo is now on social media being circulated as the arresting officer for an arrest "they" are trying to make controversial (and I'm not actually the arresting officer, but truth is irrelevant) so I could, potentially, have the drum circle show up at my house. I'm not answering the door, I'm calling on duty officers to deal with it.
    There is no doubt that most people aren’t experienced and thoughtful tacticians.

User Tag List