Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

My best friend (well, his wife) was motivated by this incident to get something a bit more crowd ready than his Glock 19. So we found a CAA brace for it, as anything in his range is both derpy and sold out.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Neighbors wrote a letter denouncing the couple: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ouple/2299289/

As the undersigned, we condemn the behavior of anyone who uses threats of violence, especially through the brandishing of firearms, to disrupt peaceful protest, whether it be in this neighborhood or anywhere in the United States," the letter reads.
    Seems they have pulled guns before: https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...d-2397ebdbe79a

Just information as I said, there will be social and negative consequences.

Site Supporter
    Show me where the definition of "peaceful protest" includes the destruction of a locked gate, conveying threats and trespass on private property.

It's as if they have their own reality.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Show me where the definition of "peaceful protest" includes the destruction of a locked gate, conveying threats and trespass on private property.

It's as if they have their own reality.
    Agree, but in the video going around, the gate is still intact as the mob is walking through. I don’t know if was ever actually locked, either, but it wasn’t destroyed until sometime after the encounter with the McCloskeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Neighbors wrote a letter denouncing the couple: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ouple/2299289/

Seems they have pulled guns before: https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...d-2397ebdbe79a

Just information as I said, there will be social and negative consequences.

seems appropriate for polo shirt guy to put those out next time.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    If I were the neighbors, I would have BBQ plate sale to raise money to send the Lawn Lawyers to carbine class and maybe a Mas class. Don't want those 380s and 223s whizzing through my windows.

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Agree, but in the video going around, the gate is still intact as the mob is walking through. I don’t know if was ever actually locked, either, but it wasn’t destroyed until sometime after the encounter with the McCloskeys.
    The last time I read about this on CNN, they were saying that the gate was unlocked, not sure when or by who.

Of course they note that there are conflicting eyewitness reports regarding when the gate was destroyed.

That the neighbors are capitulating in fear of reprisal is not a surprise. Disappointing, certainly, but not a surprise.

It's hard to expect much from our fellow citizens, by and large. However, it is possible that a groundswell, (of whatever size), may be engendered by a few folks standing as examples.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer
    Neighbors wrote a letter denouncing the couple
    Surely the neighbors were all killed and their houses burned down and their dogs raped because they didn't come out on their porches and wave AR-15s.

Wait, no?

They just sat there and ate their dinners while the hippies filed past to go yell at the mayor's house down the street?

Weird.

Oh, and I saved this one for @blues...

Name:  EbyuFlmWoAEB-9E.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  45.8 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If I were the neighbors, I would have BBQ plate sale to raise money to send the Lawn Lawyers to carbine class and maybe a Mas class. Don't want those 380s and 223s whizzing through my windows.
    I'm surprised that I've heard a bunch of people eager to either A) Dunk on them for shitty gun-handling and UoF decision-making, or B) Defend them as avatars of the need for the Second Amendment and AR ownership, yet I haven't seen anyone stepping up and saying "Hey, here's a couple gratis seats in a Rangemaster class or MAG-40."

The guy may be an aces personal injury attorney but the way he keeps chanting the magic mantra of "AH WUZ IN FEAR FOR MUH LIFE" makes him sound like a commenter in the GenDisc subforum of an internet gun board.

Name:  D3944BE0-2C3E-46AC-8748-6A3A2E282BE8_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  45.0 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List