Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    <Nintendo/Konami pedantry>Not unless you also hit select and then start after that sequence.</Nintendo/Konami pedantry>
    My bad. I haven't played it since Bush Sr was President. Details were a little fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    My bad. I haven't played it since Bush Sr was President. Details were a little fuzzy.
    Wouldn't be prudent. 1000 points of light.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wouldn't be prudent. 1000 points of light.
    Not gonna duh it!

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Not gonna duh it!
    Read my lips...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Read my lips...
    You have mispelled "hips"

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I think I last played one of the newer iterations on either PS1 or PS2 sometime in the early 2000s. Even the details of that are a little fuzzy. Mostly I just couldn't resist the opportunity to be RevolverRob, but for old-school videogames.

Spotted this early this morning and just dug it up to post. I agree with Shrek.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCElcQM..._web_copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Not gonna duh it!
    Sum up - Exxon Valdeeze spill, not my fault.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    So... I teach NEO and Embassy/ facility reinforcement among other things ( Raids- helo, boat, mech .... and tactical recovery of aircraft and personnel) at the Expeditionary Operations Training Group (USMC) here in Lejeune. Some basic structure hardening steps that you could apply to your home. Short of claymores and fougasse....

If you are going to put barriers out, fill them with sand, make sure they are out of throwing range ( Molotov's, rocks, et al) and position them so that they can block vehicle movement but not be used for good cover to hide behind (over watch). Look into thorny bushes, holly plants and such, Figure out your lighting plan and eliminate any location where shadows can exist. Install cameras and a monitor so that you can see what is going on where on your property, Sprinkler systems can help keep people off your lawn and keep it moist, The ability to put a sprinkler on the roof can also help mitigate thrown fire. Run the hose out a upper window or access point. Shoot azimuths and distances to various known points and set up a "range card, defensive sketch" of your site, No.... you are not setting in automatic weapons ( hopefully.....maybe.!!) but it will help you visualize your defensive plans and what you are working with. Walk your dead space, IE: areas you cant see from the windows of your house, and assess how you would attack your facility using those locations, then work to mitigate them.

Have fire mitigation stuff throughout the home, along with water, both for drinking and wetting stuff down, and food. Comm plan if lines are cut/ disabled. Waste management plan (solid and liquid) if lines become blocked/ turned off, not getting picked up. Re enforce door frames, typically door frames are the strongest points within modern US construction, the rest is just drywall /siding and some studs every couple of feet. Lay in a small supply of plywood pre cut to fit your windows and doors, if one gets broken out, slap up the pre cut wood to fit. If you have time to prepare prior to, rolls of chicken wire on the outside over any glass can help keep thrown objects from breaking thorough. Won't do anything if they can move all the way up to the windows but will help against thrown rocks and molotov's.

Always remember that any barrier without eyes watching it is simply a temporary delaying mechanism.... have a evac plan, and execute it before it's too late if possible. Last guy out brings the flag.....
    quoted because, this sounds like someone with good ideas.
    the roof sprinkler and alternate water supply (thinking, a couple IBC totes with captured roof rain water) is something I've had in the back of my head for a while.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Some of you naysayers and nitpicking Nancys' should watch this. I'd go through and tag you but I'm headed out the door. You know who you are.

User Tag List