Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Always glad when my hometown makes the news (insert eye roll) for something positive. Our pro-BLM mayor inadvertently doxed some "good citizens" who presented her with letters demanding she defund the police. BLM decided they would break into her neighborhood to protest in front of her house. I guess these homeowners were concerned when the protester blew through their locked gate (a direct street access driveway) and shouted "eat the rich" as they marched forth. (note: this is an historic neighborhood built mostly at the time of the 1904 Worlds Fair. It is a private street that has hired off duty STL PD to patrol at night for decades.)

'The victims stated they were on their property when they heard a loud commotion coming from the street. When the victims went to investigate the commotion, they observed a large group of subjects forcefully break an iron gate marked with “No Trespassing” and “Private Street” signs,' police said.

'Once through the gate, the victims advised the group that they were on a private street and trespassing and told them to leave. The group began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims.

'When the victims observed multiple subjects who were armed, they then armed themselves and contacted police. The investigation is ongoing.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...signation.html

Name:  30179950-8467075-image-a-5_1593433317276.jpg
Views: 2026
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  30170342-8467075-image-a-27_1593409642760.jpg
Views: 1706
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  30170358-8467075-image-a-29_1593409656594.jpg
Views: 1680
Size:  74.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Always glad when my hometown makes the news (insert eye roll) for something positive. Our pro-BLM mayor inadvertently doxed some "good citizens" who presented her with letters demanding she defund the police. BLM decided they would break into her neighborhood to protest in front of her house. I guess these homeowners were concerned when the protester blew through their locked gate (a direct street access driveway) and shouted "eat the rich" as they marched forth. (note: this is an historic neighborhood built mostly at the time of the 1904 Worlds Fair. It is a private street that has hired off duty STL PD to patrol at night for decades.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...signation.html

Name:  30179950-8467075-image-a-5_1593433317276.jpg
Views: 2026
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  30170342-8467075-image-a-27_1593409642760.jpg
Views: 1706
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  30170358-8467075-image-a-29_1593409656594.jpg
Views: 1680
Size:  74.2 KB
    Strange, that is a completely different narrative than this: https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...8-398790d615ca

Which was plucked from here:https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-news/page559

See post #585

Yeah, armed folks yelling "eat the rich", while trespassing on private property. I could see where that would get the folks dander up.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Yeah, that could have ended with negative outcomes.

Sigh.

One suspects we'll be seeing more of this. Going to be a long hot summer.

Site Supporter
    Faced with an armed mob, I grab a little gun (is 5 enough) and go wave it at the armed mob. That's because I want 'attaboys' from the tactical experts of the Internet?

This is an example of emotional vs. cognitive information processing. Lots of Internet folks will be all excited in their pants because a gun was waved at protesters. All the gun rules and thoughts about how to respond rationally to an encounter go out the window.

Bah. Karen of the week - YOU WIN!

I've seen a lot of this, with folks not thinking through their 'armed actions'. Group of veterans protect a monument. Carrying ARs, Minis and AKs.

In the old NTI, we did a scenario like this. You come out of a building and someone is standing by your car and yells that he is going to (and does, simulated) piss in your gas tank. You have a J frame and some Code Eagles. What to do? Well, go call the police is recommended and get away from the nutty guy.

Back to your statue patrol. Remember some activists may want to excite counterviolence for the PR. I quoted that strategy elsewhere. I get some young women with balloons full of paint to approach and toss them on your statue. OK, there you are with your Mini-14 and a 30 round mag, with optic. Your call?

See my point. Emotional reflexive, monkey dance is appealing - but does it work?

For Karen, if some of the folk walked on her lawn, saying they wanted to talk to her - then what?

Nothing in the report rationalizes deadly force or pointed a gun. Sorry, if you don't like that.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 06-29-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    So is a pink polo the new Hawaiian shirt?

Site Supporter
    Wear stripes in preparation for your new attire from the state!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    So is a pink polo the new Hawaiian shirt?
    I saw a handful of memes about this already, prior to knowing their origin. Now they make sense. But some were calling for stealing the pink polo and chinos look.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    It's Jake from State Farms' boss!

Now would you keep this guy as the lawyer for your firm?

Site Supporter
    Is that a Jennings?

You may not like it, but this is what peak American performance looks like.

User Tag List