Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Site Supporter
    One small step for the wife, one giant leap for the DA?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Sooner or later this 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and 'the process is the punishment' reality will create some very fucking ugly results when the same happens to folks with a lot less to lose than two high-powered lawyers.
    I'd much rather see the-powers-that-be get ahead of that by untangling these kind of falsehoods, and I hope voters across the country are switched on to what's happened here and vote accordingly. I sure as hell will be.
    In many locales we're rapidly transitioning from "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" into "I won't be carried and I won't be judged".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Would you try to justify a self-defense shooting by saying someone "charged" you when they were standing still and yelling?
    Being unable to predict the intent of a hostile mob at your doorstep = lying under oath following a use of lethal force?

You're fucking trolling me, right?

Site Supporter
    An interview with the couple themselves.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/s.../21/id/978337/

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Being unable to predict the intent of a hostile mob at your doorstep = lying under oath following a use of lethal force?

You're fucking trolling me, right?
    I think you're missing the analogy. Nobody stormed the house. Nobody tried to storm the house. Not before, not after. To say the house was stormed is trying to create a narrative that's not supported by the facts.

You can't make decisions on what you don't know, other than to gather more information. I'm 100% sure you know and apply that in other circumstances. You can only make decisions based on what you know or can reasonably infer. If I pointed a gun at everyone who had the ability to do harm and I didn't know what their intentions were, I'd seldom be in the holster.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    In many locales we're rapidly transitioning from "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" into "I won't be carried and I won't be judged".
    I know what you are saying, and I am not being obtuse....I hope.....but where? Do you have examples? And no I am not trying to give you a hard time.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Yeah, I would even allow that they might have believed on reasonable grounds that their house might be about to get stormed - it struck me earlier in the thread that although in hindsight we might be able to say that they were never in serious danger, the very fact that they were the first house inside the wall may have made this hard to judge on the spot and they might have been able to reasonably conclude that a traveling riot had just arrived to loot and burn their neighbourhood, a belief which the owners of houses further inside the wall had the luxury of witnessing not to be the case - it's definitely not correct to say their property WAS stormed.

If they were the tenth house in and nine houses had been passed without incident and they did this, I'd probably say it was a really terrible idea. But being the first house "inside the wire" they were working with less information than anyone else so I can't really argue, except tactically, with the choices they made.

I don't really think the whole situation requires hyperbole to justify, I guess that's my point.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

This is such a small potatoes observation, but: I’m astounded that the house in question is only worth around 1.15 mil. They really are in a bad neighborhood, by urban USA standards. That place is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think you're missing the analogy. Nobody stormed the house. Nobody tried to storm the house. Not before, not after. To say the house was stormed is trying to create a narrative that's not supported by the facts.
    Breaking the gate certainly is storming the property isn't it? Would your definition of storming the house be breaking down the front door? The master bedroom door?

Is private property not private property?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Breaking the gate certainly is storming the property isn't it? Would your definition of storming the house be breaking down the front door? The master bedroom door?

Is private property not private property?
    They were apparently let in the gate. Gate was broken afterwards, not for entry. That's fairly obvious to anyone that's ever looked at or built a wrought iron gate and given a thought to security or breaching.

I don't really agree with the poster you're replying to as far as their sentiment, but he's correct as far as the facts go. People storming a house don't tend to allow time for people to pose on the lawn.

User Tag List