Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Those two people are exactly the kind of people we should be standing behind with our full support.
    A lot of fence sitters can relate to a pudgy middle-aged couple defending their dream home from an angry horde of rioters while wearing a pink Polo and Dockers.
    I guarantee if the guy was fully "kitted up" like he stepped out of a tactical Instagram shoot he'd already have charges filed on him and Aunt Becky in the suburbs down the road wouldn't care (in fact she'd probably be just as scared of a tatted up kitted up 3%'er as she is of the commie mob).
    Tribalism is a thing, and Becky can relate to and sympathize with pink Polo man and his sensibly dressed wife.
    Excellent points.

They won that fight. Any by winning it barefooted and dressed for Casual Friday, they may have helped to solve the larger problem as well.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The question in my mind despite the bad tactics is, did it have a deterrent effect on the crowd? It looked to me like it may have. They crowd looked like they may have perceived that they had "loose cannons on the lawn" and perhaps could not count on reserve and good judgement from the homeowners so they should indeed move along. Did the crowd go enact any bad behaviour elsewhere? Is it lucky it didnt go entirely a different direction?

When my son reached an age of driving increasing his chances of LE interaction we had a long talk. I explained to him that in our area there is a very wide disparity of who is hired and how well they are trained. He should not count on the luck of the draw and expect he is getting a highly skilled, talented LE every time(his perception based on his sampling of all upstanding LE in our family). There is the possibility he could be getting someones third cousin twice removed, scared of his own shadow, making 9 dollars an hour depending on which town the interaction occurs. So his behaviours need to be top notch at all times during any interaction.

Apply that same logic here. Protestors need to be aware that bad actions that may evoke panicky behaviour may result in bad responses by the panicked. The fact as mentioned here a few times is that the likelihood of one of the indoctrinated being the interactee is extremely low. The only one I have seen so far was the dude that took the AR's off the rioters.

Site Supporter
    I would rather seen the wife with her phone videoing the angry mob, then others would have a better understanding of the threat they were facing.

My first order to whoever is with me that’s not armed is, get your phone out and start recording.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    The question in my mind despite the bad tactics is, did it have a deterrent effect on the crowd? It looked to me like it may have. They crowd looked like they may have perceived that they had "loose cannons on the lawn" and perhaps could not count on reserve and good judgement from the homeowners so they should indeed move along.
    I think that we see that right around 2:24 in the video. One of the intruders starts gently moving the others away from the house.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Considering the professions of the home owners, the value of the home, and the fact that the home underwent a thirty-year restoration/upgrade, I would expect there are hard-wired cameras and video recording for all around the home interiors and exteriors. I would also expect, as attorneys use investigators in the normal course of business, that the homeowners may be identifying the trespassers. That way, in the event of civil action, the homeowners are well prepared. After all, there are damages to collect for the destruction of private property....

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    I would rather seen the wife with her phone videoing the angry mob, then others would have a better understanding of the threat they were facing.

My first order to whoever is with me that’s not armed is, get your phone out and start recording.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not me. Of course the people that are generally with me in a non-work atmosphere are better with firearms than the mrs. in this incident. I don't want anyone going to non-ready and filming. If it's worth having a gun out, it's worth everyone with me having a gun out.

I'm with everyone that supports these two. If I dressed in a pink polo and khakis I could be this guy's brother. My wife is about the shape as his wife. If we're judging people on their ability to carry a firearm based on their physical appearance, we've already lost the second amendment battle. If we're judging Americans for bad firearms handling in the face of a mob that already behaved illegally, we should check ourselves. These type of people represent a vast amount of gun owners in this country, like it or not.

As said earlier in the thread, someone should reach out to them and offer them some training. They have the WILL to defend themselves, and that's the first step. Everything else is training.

Ar15 Salespeople.

This couple may well have sold more AR15 rifles than the late, great Pat Rogers. When the rioting mobs can feel that they have impunity, to breach the gate of a private residence, John Q. Double-Gun may realize that Uncle Joe Shotgun was wrong.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Regarding this couple's actions, I never got the vibe of disapproval from anyone in this thread. Only some concern about the legal ramifications and apparent lack of training, but I could see where someone could honestly mistake criticism over *how* it was done for being critical of doing it at all.

I believe P-F is 100% on-board morally with using long guns to protect your family and home from a mob literally on your property chanting for your death. I really don't think there's room for debate on that one.
    Sure, some training needs to happen and hopefully that will come, along with a nice 16in AR for his wife once all the internet drama has blown over.

Personally, that scenario is the kind of situation that really makes 40rnd Pmags and drum magazines appealing. Or better yet, my old M249 that's doubtlessly collecting dust in some midwest arms room right now..

This couple is probably 90% of gun owners in terms of hardware and tactics, especially with the number of new gun owners who rushed out to buy anything they could get their hands on when COVID hit. Yes, the gun handling was terrible. There were lots of things I wouldn't have done in that situation. But the truth of the matter is they cowboy'd the fuck up when they needed to with what they had available and prevented their home and property and probably others from being destroyed. If an angry masked mob busting down a gate and trespassing on private property while chanting their Marxist bullshit doesn't get a person to take up arms and get ready to stack commies for mommy if they get violent, especially considering everything that's happened in the last month, I'm not sure what will. Hopefully this little event makes them realize that BLM is a Marxist organization and anti-american.

What makes this situation somewhat unique is the rioters/looters were not on a public street while they were in front of the couples home. Had they been on the public street next to the property where the gate was located that they busted through, the argument could be made that the couples actions may not have been warranted. Because of the circumstances, I have no problem with them exiting their home armed and ready to defend themselves.

Name:  20200630_081527.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  81.4 KB

User Tag List