Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Keep moving!' Couple brandish an AR-15 and a handgun at protesters

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I’m confused. Maybe I’m missing part of the story.

For weeks it’s been “just try and bring that shit to the burbs or rural area” and “make Koreans rooftop
    Again”

Now the mob shows up to (an obviously upscale) burb and bust down a dudes gate and he waives a gun at them and we mock him?

Sure he could use some training and seems kind of rich douchey and his wife needs some lessons on how to look cool holding a gun, but so what?

If a mob busting down your gate isn’t permissible AR deployment territory, what is? We all ought to just give ours up and stop pretending like we have any balls at all.
    ^^^ Just going to quote this again.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Probably a lot. Which is why it's real important to know all that "legalees technicality b.s." and have decisions pre-made as much as possible prior to being in the mix. You can wish things were different, you can work to make things different, but you ignore how things actually are at your own peril.
    Your post reminds me of a bit of a dustup John Correia got into on FB with some dude today. John made a post on this incident which as per his usual was pretty spot on. He was taken to task by some dude saying the Lawn Lawyers™ had every right and were golden to do what they did but agreed with John on their shitty gun handling. It got off into the weeds and I'm not sure either one of them realized that they were both spot on correct but actually arguing two completely different points. John's commentary was what WAS smart from: 1st) a personal safety standpoint and 2nd) the legal aspects, which is pretty much his "lane" and he's good about staying in it mostly. The dude was arguing what SHOULD BE acceptable and legal and took exception. Big difference there...

I'll go on record now as saying that things are going to get worse before they get better. This incident will be repeated and at some point rounds will actually be sent. Regardless of one's opinions on what's allowable or reasonable that's what it's going to take to put a stop to all of this nonsense. The mantra of "peaceful protest" seems to include lawlessness now. Hundreds of examples of streets being illegally blocked off and closed, buildings being seized, etc. all the while it being referred to as "peaceful and allowable under the 1A". We've seen video after video of felony assaults on officers with no arrest at all. There's just no deterrent for bad behaviour so the public is going to start handling it themselves pretty soon.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 06-30-2020 at 12:41 AM. Reason: proofreading fail.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I’m confused. Maybe I’m missing part of the story.

For weeks it’s been “just try and bring that shit to the burbs or rural area” and “make Koreans rooftop
    Again”

Now the mob shows up to (an obviously upscale) burb and bust down a dudes gate and he waives a gun at them and we mock him?

Sure he could use some training and seems kind of rich douchey and his wife needs some lessons on how to look cool holding a gun, but so what?

If a mob busting down your gate isn’t permissible AR deployment territory, what is? We all ought to just give ours up and stop pretending like we have any balls at all.
    Post of the month right here.

These folks might not be “of our tribe” per se but I can’t understand why we’re so quick to eat our own. Yeah they’re suboptimal representations but when the enemy was through the gates they weren’t about to sit around and let the castle be stormed. They need training obviously but Claude Werner Gabe a reminder that plenty of untrained folks successfully defend themselves with firearms every year. A full-auto AR will certainly make a statement if it comes time to use it.

I’ll bet they get armed security around there pretty quick. Maybe they can hire Nightvisionary...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Haven't read every reply on this...

But after looking through this incident and what is available, on the one hand I can poke fun at these amateurs (which I did). On the other hand if my family had their home and property targeted and they didn't have seal team 6 level comms, procedures, and tactics, then oh well, they stayed safe.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect folks to wait until there is glass breaking before security measures are deployed (including firearms).

In the spirit of constructive criticism I'd offer these folks:

1. Get training.
    2. Understand that in they hyper political atmosphere we are in, anything less than washing feet, kneeling, and baking cookies for these fuck tard mobs is going to get you famous.
    3. Being out in the open like that vs a mob presents a great opportunity for someone in the mob to take you out.
    4. Consider a dog as a helpful and intimidating resource.

Site Supporter
    One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is that if you don’t want your face all over the internets, and you have a lower profile life than these people a mask isn’t a bad idea. There is a pandemic going on....
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Those two people are exactly the kind of people we should be standing behind with our full support.
    A lot of fence sitters can relate to a pudgy middle-aged couple defending their dream home from an angry horde of rioters while wearing a pink Polo and Dockers.
    I guarantee if the guy was fully "kitted up" like he stepped out of a tactical Instagram shoot he'd already have charges filed on him and Aunt Becky in the suburbs down the road wouldn't care (in fact she'd probably be just as scared of a tatted up kitted up 3%'er as she is of the commie mob).
    Tribalism is a thing, and Becky can relate to and sympathize with pink Polo man and his sensibly dressed wife.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

BTW: I have a full Mil style plate carrier with IV's in it (SKD PIG).
    I also have a XXL long sleeve fire retardant shirt in a lovely baby blue color to put on over it.
    It doesn't conceal the plate carrier worth a shit, but it also doesn't make it stand out like I'm about to lay siege to Fallujah either.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    BTW: I have a full Mil style plate carrier with IV's in it (SKD PIG).
    I also have a XXL long sleeve fire retardant shirt in a lovely baby blue color to put on over it.
    It doesn't conceal the plate carrier worth a shit, but it also doesn't make it stand out like I'm about to lay siege to Fallujah either.
    You better have some Docker's or Chino's to finish that ensemble, otherwise your'e just half stepping.

We can argue optics of a situation all day, but it sure isn't going to hurt if you look like a "normal earth person" vs Arnold in "Commando".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    You better have some Docker's or Chino's to finish that ensemble, otherwise your'e just half stepping.

We can argue optics of a situation all day, but it sure isn't going to hurt if you look like a "normal earth person" vs Arnold in "Commando".
    I'll probably be wearing khaki cargo shorts like every other unfashionable Dad on the block.
    With a shirt covered plate carrier up top and my white chicken legs sticking out of my cargo shorts I'll look like a run of the mill "Gym Bro" who always skips leg day.

I had thought about staying out of this one, but I must say I observed two things.

One, the mob had breached a gate. Looks like a felony amount of damage, to me. The mob-members were not merely walking through an area to which the public normally has access.

Two, the mob presented a “disparity of force” threat, and, individuals within the mob may have held threatening weapons, and/or been making credible, imminent verbal and visual threats.

I am not a lawyer, and have never read Missouri law, and, the homeowner/couple’s tactics may not have been the wisest, but they were obviously perceiving a serious threat.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List