Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a complete lower question

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I can't find it on the site anymore, but PSA used to sell this RE as a stand-alone item:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-tube-kit.html

I have a couple. Any lower I assemble gets one of these REs first, and goes to the range with a pistol-length upper to shoot a little video of it functioning as a pistol. Then I swap in the RE I'll use for the configuration I actually intend. As noted, I then forever have the option of reconfiguring that lower to be a pistol.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have heard the idea that pistol first can be made into a rifle later and then back to a pistol several times. Does anyone have any documentation or case law they can point me towards? I always thought that once it was a rifle, a gun was a rifle forever and changing into a pistol configuration with a shorter barrel than 16” was then making a weapon from a rifle so it would be an SBR.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 07-09-2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Wrote can’t instead of can

@DanM

PM inbound
    Last edited by Dan_S; 07-10-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I have heard the idea that pistol first can be made into a rifle later and then back to a pistol several times. Does anyone have any documentation or case law they can point me towards? I always thought that once it was a rifle, a gun was a rifle forever and changing into a pistol configuration with a shorter barrel than 16” was then making a weapon from a rifle so it would be an SBR.
    It can be found on the ATF website.

User Tag List