Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 230 gr vs 124 gr Gold Dot.

Thanks for the many replies guys. We tested both,he's about a half second faster with the 9mm,accuracy wise he's about the same. How would the 147 gr Gold Dot compare to the 124 or 124 +p?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    Thanks for the many replies guys. We tested both,he's about a half second faster with the 9mm,accuracy wise he's about the same. How would the 147 gr Gold Dot compare to the 124 or 124 +p?
    All three are fine. If you want me to pick for you, go with the 124 +P. Has been used by NYPD for many years with no problems.

And just to keep things unclear, I'd take 147gr HST over either 124gr loading. I have found it to be the most accurate "duty" load I've ever shot.

And I’ll make it murkier for you. We’ve issued 124 Gold Dot for a long time with no issues.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I *personally* prefer heavy for caliber loads, but that's more voodoo then science. The differences seem to be largely angels dancing on pinheads. My department tested several different loads when we went back to 9mm from .40S&W and ultimately approved several but have only issued HSTs in 147 standard pressure and 124+P.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I *personally* prefer heavy for caliber loads, but that's more voodoo then science. The differences seem to be largely angels dancing on pinheads. My department tested several different loads when we went back to 9mm from .40S&W and ultimately approved several but have only issued HSTs in 147 standard pressure and 124+P.
    I also like HST 147's and also because of voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    And I’ll make it murkier for you. We’ve issued 124 Gold Dot for a long time with no issues.
    but bought 5 boxes of these for my glock 43s. Also because voodoo.

One of my former beat partners put a couple 230 grain Gold Dots to good use a couple nights ago (from over 20 yards). I'm sure a 9mm Gold Dot would have worked just as well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    And just to keep things unclear, I'd take 147gr HST over either 124gr loading. I have found it to be the most accurate "duty" load I've ever shot.
    That's what I carry in my G17.5. Nailed a jackrabbit second shot in the neck at 107 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    That's what he's carrying now. He's limited to the standard pressure version. No problems in OIS or animal putdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I also like HST 147's and also because of voodoo

but bought 5 boxes of these for my glock 43s. Also because voodoo.
    I prefer heavy for caliber as well,however I seem to remember Doc stating that "HST works best in 147 gr,the Gold Dot works best in 124 +p."

User Tag List