Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Taibbi on White Fragility

Meanwhile there is no one to extort in Chicago for these crimes therefore these lives don't matter.

https://heyjackass.com/

There are few issues Matt Taibbi and I would agree on, but he’s one of the last of a dying breed - an intellectually honest leftist who has principles and isn’t afraid to call out whichever side he thinks is violating them. He reminds me of Nat Hentoff and Christopher Hitchens.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Meanwhile there is no one to extort in Chicago for these crimes therefore these lives don't matter.

https://heyjackass.com/

Wow, people in Chicago suck at shooting. That being said, someone was killed just steps away from my brother's house the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    There are few issues Matt Taibbi and I would agree on, but he’s one of the last of a dying breed - an intellectually honest leftist who has principles and isn’t afraid to call out whichever side he thinks is violating them. He reminds me of Nat Hentoff and Christopher Hitchens.
    I didn’t always agree with Hitchens, but I always respected his rhetorical style. He had a razor sharp intellect and damning sense of humor. I have no doubt he would be laying rhetorical waste to the intellectual lightweights who dominate the national dialogue today. For example, I would pay a lot for a ticket to see him debate the 1619 project author.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Is the NY Times Russia? Is Russia the NY Times? Who or what is behind the national psychosis?

Is anything real anymore or just some sort of artificial construct?

4 dimensional gaslighting.
    Well.....it has been posited that we might exist within a holographic realm, projected merely for the enjoyment or entertainment of some advanced alien existence, sort of an X-box or interactive DVR. If this is indeed the case; if we are part of some alien "toy", my guess is that someone walking across the ''play-room'' floor accidently/intentionally kicked or tripped over the god-damned thing and hit the ''Screwy'' button and here we are.

Danged kids...
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 06-29-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Well.....it has been posited that we might exist within a holographic realm, projected merely for the enjoyment or entertainment of some advanced alien existence, sort of an X-box or interactive DVR. If this is indeed the case; if we are part some alien "toy", my guess is that someone walking across the ''play-room'' floor accidently/intentionally kicked or tripped over the god-damned thing and hit the ''Screwy'' button and here we are.

Danged kids...
    Actually, my comments weren't made in jest or as some sort of Cartesian philosophical exercise. (And I'm not taking you to task, fwiw.)

With the manipulation of news and truth available to the pols, media, foreign adversaries and social media, how are we legitimately supposed to winnow the wheat from the chaff when it comes to the information we rely upon to make critical decisions?

It's to the point that there is no (apparently) reliable source of info coming from any direction. I find it troubling, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who does.

It's easy to blow it off and gas about it, but where does it get us in the long run? Choosing to believe something is not the same thing as verifying its authenticity.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm watching an illustrated reading of CS Lewis on youtoob right now, and there's a lot he discusses and describes that is pretty much contemporary.

Regarding the original author of "White Fragility", if one reads "Jew" instead of 'White", her writings would have fit quite well in the SS Libraries, and I'm very sure that her views on the Jews are pretty much the same.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm watching an illustrated reading of CS Lewis on youtoob right now, and there's a lot he discusses and describes that is pretty much contemporary.

If one reads "Jew" instead of 'White", her writings would have fit quite well in the SS Libraries, and I'm very sure that her views on the Jews are pretty much the same.
    Did you change his gender intentionally from one paragraph to the next? Or am I missing context somewhere?

ETA: I get it. You're referring back to the author of White Fragility. Scary stuff.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Did you change his gender intentionally from one paragraph to the next? Or am I missing context somewhere?
    Oops- edited for clarity.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    The last line of the article.

Ask Al Sharpton. I read he was paid $100,000 to speak at George Floyd's funeral!
    He also as a book, apparently, on this whole topic:

https://www.amazon.com/Hate-Inc-Toda.../dp/1949017257

User Tag List