Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poli-Sci: Enduring the Coming Progressive Apocalypse

Poli-Sci: Enduring the Coming Progressive Apocalypse

Ok, I realize the thread title is way over-stated. However, comma, I wanted to pose this question as a means of surfacing good strategies and tactics in the event the worst happens this fall. By "worst", I am talking about an outcome that results in:

- Joe Biden winning the Presidency
    - Nancy Pelosi continuing as Speaker of the House
    - Chuck Schumer becoming the Senate Majority Leader

Consequences of this over the next two to four years could include:

- (D) Control of the selection process for the SCOTUS judges, including at the least RBG (bless her toughness, but at some point she will pass on)
    - (D) Committee Chairmanship in both House and Senate
    - Ability to ram-rod the new Progressive Agenda through combined House and Senate action, rubber stamped by Joe's handler and her team (aka his VP pick)

See www.joebiden.com for a taste of what's coming, featuring all of the in-vogue Progressive topics, such as:

- Joe Biden's plan for Black America
    - The Biden plan for Immigration
    - Criminal Justice Reform
    - The Biden plan for Climate Change
    - LGBTQ+ Equality
    - Sensible Gun Control Laws

Based on recent civil unrest and "protest" elements aka riots in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle, and other major cities across the country this summer, it seems not unreasonable to add:

- A significant seat at the table for the philosopy espoused by groups such as BLM
    - A concerted and likely successful effort to "reimagine" the Police ("reimagine" = defund, the budget allocated elsewhere)
    - Significant glamorization, expansion and evolution of Domestic Terrorism (political aims achieved by violence) as a normal political act, as practiced by adherents of Antifa
    - Ongoing destruction of cultural and historical evidence of any actual or alleged white racist capitalist pigdogs, going back to George Washington
    - Reparations, and a discussion on the value of the check to be provided to each member of the oppressed class

...and much more besides.

So the premise of this thread is not to complain or whine about whether this might happen, the point is to assume it does.

What then?

What strategic decisions can you make now, ahead of the election, to put yourself in a better position?

What financial choices can you make ahead of time?

What should you do, or what should you not do, to be better prepared to live in the coming Progressive Utopia?

Your Thoughts? Or are we just all fucked if this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ok, I realize the thread title is way over-stated. However, comma, I wanted to pose this question as a means of surfacing good strategies and tactics in the event the worst happens this fall. By "worst", I am talking about an outcome that results in:

- Joe Biden winning the Presidency
    - Nancy Pelosi continuing as Speaker of the House
    - Chuck Schumer becoming the Senate Majority Leader

Consequences of this over the next two to four years could include:

- (D) Control of the selection process for the SCOTUS judges, including at the least RBG (bless her toughness, but at some point she will pass on)
    - (D) Committee Chairmanship in both House and Senate
    - Ability to ram-rod the new Progressive Agenda through combined House and Senate action, rubber stamped by Joe's handler and her team (aka his VP pick)

See www.joebiden.com for a taste of what's coming, featuring all of the in-vogue Progressive topics, such as:

- Joe Biden's plan for Black America
    - The Biden plan for Immigration
    - Criminal Justice Reform
    - The Biden plan for Climate Change
    - LGBTQ+ Equality
    - Sensible Gun Control Laws

Based on recent civil unrest and "protest" elements aka riots in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle, and other major cities across the country this summer, it seems not unreasonable to add:

- A significant seat at the table for the philosopy espoused by groups such as BLM
    - A concerted and likely successful effort to "reimagine" the Police ("reimagine" = defund, the budget allocated elsewhere)
    - Significant glamorization, expansion and evolution of Domestic Terrorism (political aims achieved by violence) as a normal political act, as practiced by adherents of Antifa
    - Ongoing destruction of cultural and historical evidence of any actual or alleged white racist capitalist pigdogs, going back to George Washington
    - Reparations, and a discussion on the value of the check to be provided to each member of the oppressed class

...and much more besides.

So the premise of this thread is not to complain or whine about whether this might happen, the point is to assume it does.

What then?

What strategic decisions can you make now, ahead of the election, to put yourself in a better position?

What should you do, or what should you not do, to be better prepared to live in the coming Progressive Utopia?

Your Thoughts? Or are we just all fucked if this happens?
    I just assume this will happen. The Trump (GOPT) backlash is coming. Actually it started in the last midterm election.

Sensible gun control laws will include AWB2, UBC and mag restrictions. That's been coming for a long time. About the only thing that will change for me is the AWB and mag restrictions which does't exist in my state. Everything else already does to some degree. I've been preparing for this for years because of state politics. Like me, I assume many other people are in the same situation already. If dems get control of the senate all of this will come to pass. No question about it. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...for-democrats/

Those old RINO republicans like Cruz and Rubio will start to look mighty appealing after the purge. As Sarah Palin would say "How's That Hopey-Changey Stuff Working Out For Ya"
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-28-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have faith in all government pronouncements. They're just here to help us progress. The underground economy doesn't really exist so considering that as a method of opting out of funding for ultra-leftist programs to the greatest extent possible isn't a consideration.

We just need to get with the program(s).

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I have faith in all government pronouncements. They're just here to help us progress. The underground economy doesn't really exist so considering that as a method of opting out of funding for ultra-leftist programs to the greatest extent possible isn't a consideration.

We just need to get with the program(s).

What is this underground economy that doesn't exist?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Buying more .223!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Buying more .223!
    Isn't there some restrictions on how much ammo you can stockpile in an apartment? I mean, if the guy below you knew you had 20k rounds of 5.56 above his head wouldn't he be somewhat concerned? Or maybe people who live in apt's just don't ask. I don't know, never lived in one. I have 25lbs of powder in my basement but I have acreage.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Isn't there some restrictions on how much ammo you can stockpile in an apartment? I mean, if the guy below you knew you had 20k rounds of 5.56 above his head wouldn't he be somewhat concerned? Or maybe people who live in apt's just don't ask. I don't know, never lived in one. I have 25lbs of powder in my basement but I have acreage.
    In-complex storage units my man

Technically speaking, it's just next to door to someone's garage! AKA my "Room to Destroy" in the event of a structure fire. If BLM gets it so do I!

In-complex storage units my man

Technically speaking, it's just next to door to someone's garage! AKA my "Room to Destroy" in the event of a structure fire. If BLM gets it so do I!
    Never hurts to ask when you don't know. Never thought about a storage unit. I just sleep on top of my powder but you can bet your ass if the smoke detector goes off I'm gone. Ain't no damage control team here.

I could be in violation of the fire code. I should check. I can store it in an out building off site.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-28-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Buy goats?

Relatively easy to raise. Meat. Milk. Cuts your lawn. Makes fertilizer. Makes more goats.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Buying more .223!
    Yeah, I ought to at least have a rifle in that caliber, but it hasn't been financially justifiable for me previously. I probably should either order one immediately or just resign myself to not having one until supply comes back post-election or even later, should such things still be legal...

User Tag List