Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Selling 357sig ammo?

Advice on Selling 357sig ammo?

I was cleaning out my gun closets this past weekend and found a stash of ammo I forgot about.

I have 600 rounds of Gold Dot 125gr HP 357SIG ammo, and I have ZERO use for it. I sold my 357 pistol a long time ago, and I really don't anticipate ever buying a new one. Stranger things have happened, but it seems far fetched, and storing that much ammo seems a waste. So I would like to get rid of it and sell it. Here is my dilemma. I have never really sold a bunch of ammo before. Generally, if I am getting rid of a gun in a different caliber, I am smart enough to shoot up all the rounds for it that I have. But not this time.

Ideally, I would like to get rid of it all at once. So does anyone on the forum have experience at selling lots like that, and any advice on the easiest (not necessarily the way to maximize profit - I literally just want to get rid of it) way to do so. Sell on Gunbroker? Online listing somewhere? Is selling locally going to be easier?

Any tips would be appreciated.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I was cleaning out my gun closets this past weekend and found a stash of ammo I forgot about.

I have 600 rounds of Gold Dot 125gr HP 357SIG ammo, and I have ZERO use for it. I sold my 357 pistol a long time ago, and I really don't anticipate ever buying a new one. Stranger things have happened, but it seems far fetched, and storing that much ammo seems a waste. So I would like to get rid of it and sell it. Here is my dilemma. I have never really sold a bunch of ammo before. Generally, if I am getting rid of a gun in a different caliber, I am smart enough to shoot up all the rounds for it that I have. But not this time.

Ideally, I would like to get rid of it all at once. So does anyone on the forum have experience at selling lots like that, and any advice on the easiest (not necessarily the way to maximize profit - I literally just want to get rid of it) way to do so. Sell on Gunbroker? Online listing somewhere? Is selling locally going to be easier?

Any tips would be appreciated.
    Normally I have the best luck trading it out. During the .40 mass exodus I traded 1:1 for 9mm to folks I liked. Easiest for me, net gain for the recipient.
    Currently sitting on some 357 SIG I can't seem to give away.
    EE ads or gunbroker get you best price, but add bother.
    Offer via FB within your circles of friends?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Here is what UPS says regarding shipping of ammo.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page

What I gleaned was must be labeled / handwritten as ORM-D, no additional handling charges. Standard shipping rates apply.

Certainly someone here at PF would be interested if the price was right. Perhaps even myself, if I ever shot my .357 Sig launcher.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Here is what UPS says regarding shipping of ammo.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...mmunition.page

What I gleaned was must be labeled / handwritten as ORM-D, no additional handling charges. Standard shipping rates apply.

Certainly someone here at PF would be interested if the price was right. Perhaps even myself, if I ever shot my .357 Sig launcher.
    I have sold ammo locally and online on various online forums and on Gun Broker. You can't ship it in a USPS flat rate box so you have to go UPS or FedEx. Shipping ammo is really expensive unless you have some kind of commercial account due to its weight. I would try to sell it locally if you have a good way to advertise it.

There's a thread over on the Ammunition board with a dude looking for 357 SIG carry ammo.

You can ship it UPS ground for the same price as non ammo stuff. If you use the option to pay by box size and not weight it maybe cheaper. You can print off an ORDM "sticker" on their website and tape it on with clear tape. You must have it picked up or drop it off at a UPS hub. You can not take it to a UPS store.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    You can ship it UPS ground for the same price as non ammo stuff. If you use the option to pay by box size and not weight it maybe cheaper. You can print off an ORDM "sticker" on their website and tape it on with clear tape. You must have it picked up or drop it off at a UPS hub. You can not take it to a UPS store.

From the UPS web page:

Are there any exclusions?
    The following are not permitted for use with UPS Simple Rate:

Hazardous materials
    Returns shipments
    Non-prepaid shipments (including COD or third party billing)

Is a Hazardous Materials Label or Marking Required?
    Yes, (until December 31, 2020) packages that meet the definition of Cartridges, small arms must be marked with the proper shipping name "Cartridges, small arms", and designated as "ORM-D". Materials marked "ORM-D" and shipped by UPS Ground within the 48 contiguous states, UPS Ground Intra-Oahu and Intra-Alaska do not require hazardous material shipping papers. This marking may either be in the form of an ORM-D sticker, or written by hand. If written by hand the letters "ORM-D" must be enclosed by a rectangle that is ¼" larger on each side than the designation "ORM-D". (Note: The image below can be printed, cut out, and securely taped to the box with clear packing tape.)

Looks to me like you can only ship UPS conventional rate. I wish it were different but I dont think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    From the UPS web page:

Are there any exclusions?
    The following are not permitted for use with UPS Simple Rate:

Hazardous materials
    Returns shipments
    Non-prepaid shipments (including COD or third party billing)

Is a Hazardous Materials Label or Marking Required?
    Yes, (until December 31, 2020) packages that meet the definition of Cartridges, small arms must be marked with the proper shipping name "Cartridges, small arms", and designated as "ORM-D". Materials marked "ORM-D" and shipped by UPS Ground within the 48 contiguous states, UPS Ground Intra-Oahu and Intra-Alaska do not require hazardous material shipping papers. This marking may either be in the form of an ORM-D sticker, or written by hand. If written by hand the letters "ORM-D" must be enclosed by a rectangle that is ¼" larger on each side than the designation "ORM-D". (Note: The image below can be printed, cut out, and securely taped to the box with clear packing tape.)

Looks to me like you can only ship UPS conventional rate. I wish it were different but I dont think it is.
    I just found this. Looks like I was right. Dang it!

Service Restrictions:
    The UPS Service Guarantee (as described in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service) does not apply to Flat Rate Box shipments.

Hazardous materials, dangerous goods or other items subject to regulation under the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49 (including Other Regulated Material [ORM-D]) are prohibited.

Well all I know is last time I shipped as I was filling out the shipping details it asked me If I wanted to ship by package dimension instead of weight. This was after I declared it as ammo.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Well all I know is last time I shipped as I was filling out the shipping details it asked me If I wanted to ship by package dimension instead of weight. This was after I declared it as ammo.
    Cool! It might be woorth a try again. All the can say is no.

User Tag List