Thread: What's going on with Winchester?

What's going on with Winchester?

A few months ago I bought three boxes of Win PDX1 9mm 124 +P. I loaded my Sigma 9VE and on the first round I racked the slide did not go to battery. I thought WTH and found my slide stuck. I had to get my rubber mallet, go out in my back yard and tapped in the slide til I can pull it open. I looked at the cartridge and noticed something unusual. I went through the boxes and found 4 more like it. It's a good thing it was the first round that stopped me because I don't know what would've happened if I fired it halfway in the mag. KABOOM! I suppose.

I learned my lesson about trusting factory loads. Each and every round are hand tested in the chamber since then.

In this pic is the 5 bad next to 2 good. Looks like the wrong bullets put in the 9mm cases.

Report that with lot to Winchester. If they act like Hornady they may want the box and send you replacement ammo. Hornady did that for us with some Leverevolution 45-70.

I've got a bunch of that PDX1; thanks for the heads up. I'll check them all out. It's pretty good stuff. Barely a flicker of pale orange at night.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I sent an email to Winchester and they haven't responded. I did a Google search on the company and found an article about them having a dispute with the members of the union. It seems it's over relocating the company. That made me wonder if it isn't sabotage rather than a goof up. I made posts about my PDX1s on other forums and this guy reported that in his box of Win HPs he found a few NATO FMJs.

Others reported damaged rounds but I expected that to happen to all makers because of high volume manufacturing.

We are diminished
    Let's not speculate wildly about what could or couldn't have caused this. Give Winchester an opportunity to address it.

User Tag List