Thread: The Outpost Movie

Site Supporter

The Outpost Movie

This looks like it will be worth a watch this coming week (presumably on demand).

Based on Jake Tapper's book (which was pretty good). It seems to have some good credentials including having people who were there as actors and advisors.

Of course, it's a movie, so I'm sure it won't be perfect.

Scott Eastwood sure does look and sound like his Dad, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

Scott Eastwood sure does look and sound like his Dad, doesn't he?
    In the music video he made with Taylor Swift, Scott looks a lot like Clint when he played Rowdy Yates in Rawhide.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    In the music video he made with Taylor Swift, Scott looks a lot like Clint when he played Rowdy Yates in Rawhide.

Man, in parts of that video, Taylor with dark hair was reminding me of Flo from Progressive Insurance commercials!

The movie looks good though, I'll check it out.

Site Supporter
    This is available to rent via streaming. Has anyone watched it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This is available to rent via streaming. Has anyone watched it?
    I just finished it. I thought it was good -- very intense. Worth the rental for me. Not 1917 good, by any means, but good.

It took some liberties with the timeline of when Cpt. Keating was there, and had some elements that felt almost video gamey (the side effect of long shots I think).

I read Tapper's book and, if I remember right, Clint Romesha's book on the battle, and it seemed like a good portrayal of it, at least as far as can be conveyed via the screen (and based on what I know from only reading books, of course).

It does seem like the director really wanted to make a tribute to the men who were there.

I’ve read Red Platoon. I never read Tapper’s book. Shit he sounds like his Dad.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Some interesting inside the making of here. Denman's description of their bootcamp was pretty amusing. There was some devolution of goals, for sure.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    We watched it yesterday evening, and overall, I thought it was excellent. Even the wife enjoyed it, and war movies really aren't her thing.

The cast was excellent for the most part, with Scott Eastwood being the weak point to be honest: everyone seemed like an ordinary person in extraordinary circumstances, but he had too much of an "action hero" delivery. Caleb Landry Jones did a phenomenal job and should easily be up for some awards.

We purchased our copy and will definitely be watching it again.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Watched it tonight. I thought it was absolutely amazing.

Trying to find a movie or show I enjoy is difficult for me. I found this movie to be intense, moving and inspiring. Thanks to all of you who have fought on behalf of this country.

Watching it now...

User Tag List