Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tired of Twitter? Try Parler

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    Ah, I thought you were a moderator, you should be..

Anyway, just a reference to the site Rich's OP is talking about and this whole thread.

I should stick to reading about target focus and convergence.
    @Alembic

Ah, now I understand. I thought you were taking issue with something I said in a post.

I only quasi-moderate the "Edged Weapons" sub-forum, and only from the admin standpoint of helping to keep it organized or providing assistance where I can, etc,...not from the position of taking a ruler to anyone's knuckles...which is beyond my mod authority on this site.

And thanks for the kind words. (A lot better than being taken to task, which I thought I might be. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Wokeness kills comedy first. I think we are on the right track here

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You must be new here.

It's a joke son. Lighten up Francis.

They have mods here. You don't need to apply for the job.
    New here? Read my join date. I just read more than I post.

I'm just sick of people who this it's ok to joke about things that are in the realm of sexism, racism, or in this case trafficking. You may see it as a joke. I don't think it's funny.

A client of mine, USNavy Capt. ret,. called me a Straight Shooter, greatest compliment I've ever been paid. And no, not in reference to my pistol skils.

Call'em like to see 'em, and make your Momma proud.
    God bless and good night.

I'm just sick of people who this it's ok to joke about things that are in the realm of sexism, racism, or in this case trafficking. You may see it as a joke. I don't think it's funny.

A client of mine, USNavy Capt. ret,. called me a Straight Shooter, greatest compliment I've ever been paid. And no, not in reference to my pistol skils.

Sorry if that didn't appeal to your sense of humor or lack thereof.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    FYI, I was a site supporter when I felt is was worth paying for great shooting insight, but the idea I would pay for a "daily dose of this dada" para phrase, is not what makes P-F great.
    That's certainly not the intent with putting the politics forum in "site supporter only" status. I wouldn't expect anyone to pay extra for politics here, in fact it probably would have been a money maker to go the other way (PF: Politics free at a low low price...). The reason that decision was ultimately made is the number of problem posters who were brand new, never talked guns, and were more interested in political rabblerousing/trolling then the core function of the forum. It's an easy to understand bright line rule to help keep that from happening.

That said, everyone back on the topic of alternates to various social media and enough with the back and forth.

Perhaps timely, but this popped up in my recommended stories today:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/elon-mus...-what-to-know/

Elon Musk slams Facebook, promotes Signal app instead. Here's what to know
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I’m guessing you just aren’t aware of that many American men have met their wives on Russian/Ukrainian dating sites, a good friend of mine amongst them. Otherwise, if it’s getting that bad for you here and you still want to contribute, I’ll disappear GD for you permanently.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m guessing you just aren’t aware of that many American men have met their wives on Russian/Ukrainian dating sites, a good friend of mine amongst them. Otherwise, if it’s getting that bad for you here and you still want to contribute, I’ll disappear GD for you permanently.
    Honestly, I enjoy rhe GD section, we have great SMEs on so many topics. It is a go to resource for many topics and is an aspect of this site that sets P-F apart from a majority of the web.

Your recent policy move to keep poitical discussion in one place was a giant step forward towards keeping this site civil.

Sorry to let be the guy who helped sink this thread into the muck. That said, it was just my opinion rhat it needes to be moved to the political section.

My comment in reference to meeting a woman is also just a.personal opinion, but I felt rhe need to call out how people use humor to thinly veil sexist, racist and narrow minded opinions. Not a judgement of how people find love.

I hope anyone who wants a partner finds one, and has a long healthy and happy relationship.

Honestly, I enjoy rhe GD section, we have great SMEs on so many topics. It is a go to resource for many topics and is an aspect of this site that sets P-F apart from a majority of the web.

Your recent policy move to keep poitical discussion in one place was a giant step forward towards keeping this site civil.

Sorry to let be the guy who helped sink this thread into the muck. That said, it was just my opinion rhat it needes to be moved to the political section.

My comment in reference to meeting a woman is also just a.personal opinion, but I felt rhe need to call out how people use humor to thinly veil sexist, racist and narrow minded opinions. Not a judgement of how people find love.

I hope anyone who wants a partner finds one, and has a long healthy and happy relationship.
    Then I’d appreciate you dialing back the baseless accusations about PF, thanks.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Can a person meet young Russian women there?
    And be honest, does anyone really think this comment is in reference to finding a nice wife?

Just a FYI, I just saw that apparently Apple is threatening to remove the parlor app from the App Store unless parlor institutes moderators. I don’t have a parlor account so I have no idea if they already have something or if Apple is just upset that Trump is able to post there after Twitter banned him.

I have a serious problem with the computer manufacturer dictating content like that. If they at least allowed a user to switch a setting to side load apps from outside the store (android allows this, I just don’t care for android) then I’d have less of an issue.

I just saw a few posts back that Google is doing the same.

Big tech needs some cleaning up to put it mildly.

Jason

User Tag List