Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defund Police, use tax dollars for private security

Let me see if I have this right. MNPLS has systematically cut training/response options and occasionally circumvented best hiring and retention practices over political concerns, for years, with the result of increased controversial policing interactions—up to and including the largest wrongful death payout on record—as well as the culminating Floyd incident. In the intervening post-Floyd calendar month, they’ve gone from the previous model of increasing crime and issues with policing to outright looting, burning, and wholesale neighborhood lawlessness—including no-go zones and 110 gunshot wounds in a 30-day period. At this point, the trajectory is for private security for the privileged, and volunteer policing for the wider community no-go zones. All in an accelerating fibonacci spiral of stubborn progressive hole-digging and city administrative suck; a negative proof of concept for feelings-over-fact governance; a warning of the perils of progressive fundamentalism over prudent fundamentals.

Do I have that right? I really am asking, btw, I want to be fair in my analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Let me see if I have this right. MNPLS has systematically cut training/response options and occasionally circumvented best hiring and retention practices over political concerns, for years, with the result of increased controversial policing interactions—up to and including the largest wrongful death payout on record—as well as the culminating Floyd incident. In the intervening post-Floyd calendar month, they’ve gone from the previous model of increasing crime and issues with policing to outright looting, burning, and wholesale neighborhood lawlessness—including no-go zones and 110 gunshot wounds in a 30-day period. At this point, the trajectory is for private security for the privileged, and volunteer policing for the wider community no-go zones. All in an accelerating fibonacci spiral of stubborn progressive hole-digging and city administrative suck; a negative proof of concept for feelings-over-fact governance; a warning of the perils of progressive fundamentalism over prudent fundamentals.

Do I have that right? I really am asking, btw, I want to be fair in my analysis.
    Almost. You need to capitalize Fibonacci.

But yes, essentially you have a grasp of it there.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Almost. You need to capitalize Fibonacci.

But yes, essentially you have a grasp of it there.
    You are my all-time favorite P-F pedant. This week.

This week.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Related: This story by the Washington Times indicates that the concerned folks surrounding Powderhorn Park (the site of 300+ new homeless, after being evicted from a local hotel) are opting to call the American Indian Movement with any issues, not the Police. Apparently Housing is a "Human Right".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...by-homeless-a/
    Gettin' Sporty at the Park.

https://www.fox9.com/news/minneapoli...owderhorn-park

"MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - Minneapolis Park Police says a juvenile was sexually assaulted at Powderhorn Park overnight Thursday.

According to the Park Police, they were notified by Abbott Northwestern Hospital early Friday morning that a juvenile victim was sexually assaulted at the park overnight."

Guess the call to AIM got put on hold.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Ah yes. Just want I want... armed enforcers that are not accountable to taxpayers. What could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Ah yes. Just want I want... armed enforcers that are not accountable to taxpayers. What could go wrong?
    I'm wait'n for jus primae noctis to come back around. Grandaddy said we was descended from royalty.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    I thought private security was bad when we did it overseas but ok if for the Elite in Democratic urban areas?
    Last edited by ranger; 06-27-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Is now the time to point out that Powderhorn Park—the city park-cum-homeless tent camp with increasing drug trafficking, a nascent, budding track record of sexual assault against juveniles, and community-based AIM “policing”—is in ward 9, represented by Alondra Cano, who is in turn one of the 3 council members with taxpayer-funded private security?

Just in case y’all haven’t gotten your weekend dose of hypocrisy yet.
    You’re welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    You are my all-time favorite P-F pedant. This week.

This week.

I cant wait for the community police to hit a proverbial brick wall. Then who are they going to call?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I thought private security was bad when we did it overseas but ok if for the Elite in Democratic urban areas?
    “That’s different”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List