Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Knife fights, magic, space pirates, romance, desert warrior holy man mystique, war, freaky magic witch cult.

And a bunch of weirdos. And big sand worms.
    You forgot the Guild of Stoned Space Navigators, the Bedouin Drug Cartel, the War to Control Hallucinogenic Worm Shit, Sand Storm Enhanced Dirty Bombs and last but not least, My Mother Was A New Age Space Hippy
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It was great if one was a 12 year old SF nerd.
    Maybe that was the problem.

I was at least twice that old, had already been married, fathered a child, and divorced.

I was on a date with an older woman whom apparently unbeknownst to me, was a sci-fi nerd, because she really wanted to see the movie, and I never was a sci-fi nerd.

So, in my opinion the movie sucked. It sucked hard. [emoji16]

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It was great if one was a 12 year old SF nerd.
    By that standard, the serious amount of like I have for the movie is now justified.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I don't even know who any of those dudes are and you lost me at Witcher.
    Ban this infidel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post

Seriously, how many actors in Hollywood could play Reacher? You need a guy that's legitimately six feet (even Morgan is only 6'1"), but who's also talented in fight scenes and gunplay. As little as I like Tom Cruise in that role, I don't think there's another actor working that can match his experience in those fields, except for perhaps Keanu.

My picks:

Joel Kinnaman - But we'd have to die his hair
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan - But we'd have to teach him how to fight and shoot and shit, it's been a while since The Losers
    Henry Cavill - But he's too pretty, we'd have to hurt him a bunch. And also, I want him to be making Witcher episodes pretty much non-stop until he dies
    Armie Hammer - But he'd have to gain some weight

Joe Manganiello is my pick(he's 6'5"). The thing about Reacher, at least what I remember from the books, is he's big and looks dumb. Everyone thinks he's a caveman but he is extremely smart. You need someone 6' at least, 6'4-6'7" would be better. Tom Cruise? He isn't big.

Dune quote because this is a Dune thread: “What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting.”
    --Jason--

Why are Harkonnen scum posting in this thread?

Where are the Fedaykin?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wait until the musical is released...BrigaDune. That should be awesome...
    Brigadunes? OEM or Wilsonized? The Beretta thread is over there, dude.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Timothy Chalamet did quite well in The King on Netflix and I expect he will do well as Paul Atreides. I’m looking forward to this remake after the David Lynch weirdness.

If you haven’t read the book, fix that.

Attachment 56418
    LL didn’t know you were a fan. It’s one of my top five books...I’ve read it a few times....I look forward to it. The Sci Fi Channel version was pretty good. The ornithopters look awesome . For non Dune folks, these are aircraft with wings that extend beyond the fuselage like wings of a hummingbird.

There are Frank Herbert interviews on YouTube. I got up to God Emperor in the series and it got very esoteric...

Frank

Site Supporter
    My Dune graphic novel is delayed from Oct 23 to Nov 24!! ARGH!!!

Dune quote:
    “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
    --Jason--

First trailer is out!

#RESIST

User Tag List