Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

Site Supporter
    Was not a fan of the book. Not really my genre.
    But I did enjoy the movie. My wife was exactly the opposite.

Hopefully the remake won't be too woke.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Villeneuve (Sicario, Blade Runner 2049) is probably the greatest director working right now. If anyone can do it, it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Maybe I'll stay awake for 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes this time. I gave the book a shot, but didn't get very far. Just not my thing I guess.
    Banned.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Pretty big fan of the cast, at least those born before 1980...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/

Holy shit that is a good cast.

I think I may have read the book, but if I did, I don't remember anything about it.

(Self-banning.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Holy shit that is a good cast.
    #IKnowRight
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think I may have read the book, but if I did, I don't remember anything about it.

(Self-banning.)
    Banned again.
    #RESIST

I read it as Dune World when serialized in Analog in the 1960s. That was real adventure. The sequels were a steady downward slide, I thought we were going to get Abbot and Costello Meet the Sandworm before Herbert was done. The worst insult was when Playboy printed an excerpt that turned out to include the LAST chapter of God Emperor. The prequels by Herbert Jr. were just bloody awful.

I thought the film versions were pretty well interchangeable, I don't have this fine appreciation of actors and directors I hear about. Maybe the latest version will show me something, if I bother with it.

I used to say that there was a lot of classic adventure SF that would make good movies. A straight up production of Galactic Patrol et seq. would have enough slam bang action to satisfy anybody. The butchery of Starship Troopers and the various comic book franchises have pretty well cured me of that hope.
    Fantasy has done ok, a couple of times; I enjoyed Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Ok, now I’m kind of excited about that, too. I have read Dune and several of the sequels, watched the original movie and liked it, watched the extended version and it made way more sense. Haven’t watched the mini series, though.

This cast looks great.

I never read the book, and I fell asleep 30 minutes into the movie the one time I watched it.

Isn’t it just “Tremors”, but full of weirdos?
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List