Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I guess the director isn’t happy about it either.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...lease-unhappy/

I’m really hoping to see it in a theater myself. There aren’t too many movies these days where I want to see it in theaters for the sake of the movie (we go all the time for the sake of doing something fun with the family).

Dune is one I want to see in the theater.

It may also be the first movie I’ve ever gone to see in a theater alone in nearly 47 years on the planet…
    I agree this is worth the big screen and (for me) worth ponying up extra money to get reserved seats in one of the fully reclining "full service" theaters.

I appreciated Villeneuve's quote:

" Frankly, to watch Dune on a television, the best way I can compare it is to drive a speedboat in your bathtub. For me, it's ridiculous. It's a movie that has been made as a tribute to the big-screen experience."

Site Supporter
    Count me in for going to the theater for this one.....

I'll happily watch Cry Macho on HBO Max next week, on the big TV with the sound bar.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

HBO for me, hate going to the theater.

This looks really promising, though I must admit I did not care at all for the books.

Site Supporter
    Wife and I have tickets for Thursday night. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to seeing Wifes' impression of the movie. She's one of those that LOVED the book and HATED the first movie.
    I skipped the book and really enjoyed the movie.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wife and I have tickets for Thursday night. Looking forward to it.
    I will be looking here to see what you thought. I can't go Thursday night but was planning on Friday and actually going to the theater to enjoy some movie popcorn and see this on the bigscreen.

I've enjoyed them all: books, the original movie, and then there was some sort of TV series even.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Anyone watched it yet?

Hoping to get to it later this evening

Site Supporter
    Well.... I sure missed where anyone mentioned that the movie was a 2-parter.

Otherwise, it was excellent. More tomorrow.

movie was a 2-parter.
    ??? I had not heard that either.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

I watched it last night before going to work. I think I like where it's headed. I was watching the movie and the clock at the same time thinking to myself... there's not enough time left for all these things to happen. Then I checked online and found out it was a two parter. Not happy.

Site Supporter
    Well.... I sure missed where anyone mentioned that the movie was a 2-parter.

Otherwise, it was excellent. More tomorrow.
    Wife and I both enjoyed it, although when the opening frame showed "Dune: Part One" my wife audibly blanched, because she knew how disappointed I would be. We had no idea it was a multi part movie. Not only that, but, Part 2 has not yet been greenlit, from what I've read. Likely, but not certain.

About 30 minutes into the movie, I understood much more about the original 1984 film (did not read the books). There's lots of back story here. Well written and interesting. I never found myself looking at my watch. Visually, I'm not sure that even a great TV could do it justice. I'll give it a go on ours and we'll see. I found myself wishing the theater was IMAX.

User Tag List