Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

I’m excited about the Dune remake

Timothy Chalamet did quite well in The King on Netflix and I expect he will do well as Paul Atreides. I’m looking forward to this remake after the David Lynch weirdness.

If you haven’t read the book, fix that.

Name:  2D26B1D5-5F54-45C4-A099-A6FBD442B639.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  53.6 KB
    #RESIST

Had no idea... Now I'm excited as well!

There’s some great Dune memes out there...

Name:  92416461-FD9D-46C1-BCB2-71A15F9F754F.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  68.5 KB
    #RESIST

Chalamets portrayal of Henry V was a complete opposite of the real man and insulting to watch. On the other hand, if they were intentionally choosing to portray Henry as a pussified emo-boy, then job well done. I'm a fan of Dune, but I'm trying to withhold any excitement since Hollywood typically disappoints. They've already given signs that this will be a woke version of the novel, so we'll see.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I’m also looking forward to this too and hope it delivers. Actually liked the Lynch version and have the extended version just because I grew up in the 80s and it was fun to see.

Didn’t think I would ever see another epic series after The Lord of the Rings. I’ve really been let down by movies and really don’t bother with them anymore. Except for Rogue One, the latest Star Wars movies were horrible (skipped last one) and the Alien series after Aliens mostly fizzled.

With all the virus stuff, will be interesting where and when I see Dune. Would like to watch with my Dad but doubt he’ll go to a theater.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Had no idea... Now I'm excited as well!
    Don't get too excited, don't you have some "projects" to be completing? "Cough, cough, PFondler"

Just yanking your chain, my friend
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Don't get too excited, don't you have some "projects" to be completing? "Cough, cough, PFondler"

Just yanking your chain, my friend
    Ha! I was just struggling with my new Drill Doctor, trying to sharpen a fucking drill bit... Nothing is ever easy.

Maybe I'll stay awake for 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes this time. I gave the book a shot, but didn't get very far. Just not my thing I guess.

I thought I heard something about this, some time back, but wasn't sure it was still on with all the covid stuff. When I checked, I instead found stuff on Asimov's foundation series.
    So the question I have, is where are these going to be found? How long until dvd?

I am not really a big movie/tv buff, but what I do watch, tends to be scifi.
    The older I am getting, the more curmudgeon I am getting and trying to find the time for books.

Pretty big fan of the cast, at least those born before 1980...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List