Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

Just got back from watching it in the theater. I think it is a very well done movie--the kind of movie that regularly was made 20-years ago before movie making went downhill. The characters were well acted and well written and the story was never bogged down with needless exposition. It also is beautifully scored and photographed. Worth seeing even if you have never read the books, in the same way "Master and Commander" is worth seeing even if you have never read the Jack Aubrey book series.

Site Supporter
    After watching it in the theater on Thursday I plopped on the couch and watched it with the kids last night. WAY better in the theater, but still good on the good TV. Didn't plan to watch it again but the movie and the company were both very good.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Just finished seeing it at the early bird IMAX. The "science fiction" of this was awesome, if that makes sense. It was very well imagined, from the spaceships, to the dragonflies (people who have seen the movie will know what I mean), the locations and scenes, and the costumes. I watched the 1984 version earlier this week. 37 years of technology makes a huge difference in the production of a movie like this. This movie is certainly a visual treat. I thought it was well acted too.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    I liked it. I can’t wait the part 2 and hopefully part 3

People are talking like they never saw an ornithopter before.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Hammertime
    Just walked out. It was great!

Beautiful!

Well written.

Great acting performances.

Wonderfully plausible science fiction: dragonflies and the way the lasers worked.

I plan to see the movie, but I have known the drawbacks of lasers in a shield based system since 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I plan to see the movie, but I have known the drawbacks of lasers in a shield based system since 1963.

The look was pretty good. Good cast. Slow, but still weak character development. Probably requires a series to do right. Grade = B
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

A friend said it was "cut and paste" from the last attempt, just fancier effects and different faces.
    Well, it's the same story, so how faithful is Hollywood going to be to a mere book, anyhow?

User Tag List