Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

If it isn't a spoiler, where in the story line does part one end?
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    If it isn't a spoiler, where in the story line does part one end?
    Where he and Jessica are first accepted by the Fremen, after their escape into the desert.

Rebecca Ferguson was gorgeous in MI-Rogue Nation, even more so looking more than those few years older in Dune.

Name:  Rebecca-Ferguson-height-and-weight-222x300.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  13.8 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Yeah, I heard it was two parts. I’m concerned that since it was not filmed concurrently, there will be discontinuity between actors, scenes,sets, etc… making part 2 more different than necessary.

Of those who have seen it, please tell me they left the Pink Floyd soundtrack in the movie. That was something I missed when we went from older trailers to the more recent ones.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Good flic! I've read the book, so no spoilers from me. I liked the implementation of the personal shield tech and how fights were conducted with it. Also, the flying bugs were neat. I wonder if something like that would really be possible.

Better than the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    ??? I had not heard that either.
    Ughhh. It makes me want to wait so i can see them back to back. It would make it better if they announced part 2 as a summer release, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Ughhh. It makes me want to wait so i can see them back to back.
    I'm right there with ya. (While checking movie times at the theater.)
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Also, the flying bugs were neat. I wonder if something like that would really be possible.
    I already don't like helicopters for their desire to shake themselves loose of important parts. No way I would get in one of those. Still, cool to see it imagined.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

If you have read the constantly degenerating sequels - I expected Abbott and Costello Meet the Sandworm - or the truly awful Herbert Jr. prequels, you will know that computers are prohibited ever since the Butlerian Jihad. If a mentat can't figure it out, tough.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I don't think it'll be a problem to have some time pass between this and the filming of a sequel. Some time does pass in the book, from Lady Jessica's changing of the Water of Life to Alia's early childhood, where Paul goes from initial acceptance by Sietch Tabr to both sandrider and full leadership of the Fremen.

I'll see the movie tonight, and I'll keep in mind that Dune really is supposed to be read as book as opposed to watched as a movie. The SciFi miniseries leaned into some of the future-silliness (those costumes!), and this version appears to instead lean into the grandiosity and scale of the story.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Watched it tonight. I really wanted to see it in a theater, but time schedules with family stuff caused it to make more sense to watch at home. I think, after having watched it, I'd still really like to see it in theater.

That said, I don't normally geek out about stuff... and its been at least 20 years since I last read (most of) the books, and I totally geeked out. Enough so that my wife was giggling a bit about how I was geeking out. She's a total sci-fi nerd, but somehow never read the books herself, and didn't know the story. I thought they did a pretty damn good job of keeping true to the books (mostly). I really hope they continue with another movie or two.

User Tag List