Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

Although the book Shaddam IV is described a a trim figure seen only in military garb, a redhead in his 70s, while appearing no older than middle thirties, I personally think casting Walken was probably a great move.

A minor rant about the eyes- “a touch of the blue” is an insult to the slightly-possibly addicted, while the Fremen, eventually including Paul, all have the deep blue-within-blue with no visible irises. The Spacing Guild navigator has such an addition that the eyes are almost black, they are so blue.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Anyone seen part 2 in the theater yet?

Debating whether it is worth the 11 bucks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

I have tickets next weekend. But they are more than 11 bucks.

Not a Dune super nerd, but I read the first 3 books or so as a youngster, was familiar with a lot of the lore, and was very impressed by #1... saw #2 today, and its worth way more than $11, IMHO. At one point I got literal chills. It does sorta end on a bit of a cliffhanger, but I'm all in at this point.

We saw it last night. It was a great movie and definitely worth seeing in a theater.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter

Yes. There are differences from the book, but we love it.

I’m a big fan of the books, and I really enjoyed part 2 in the theatre - of course the book is always better, but this was very well done.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I saw it yesterday. Very good and certainly worth $15-20. Arguably, this movie NEEDS to be seen in the theater to get the full experience.

Assuming that the movie’s conclusion was not a real “ending” and set the stage for a 3rd, and perhaps final, chapter.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Assuming that the movie’s conclusion was not a real “ending” and set the stage for a 3rd, and perhaps final, chapter.
    This popped up on Facebook for what that's worth...

I never read the books but man, they did a much better job explaining what is happening in these latest films versus the 84' version. So well done.

My wife and I both commented and laughed that when the emperor spoke all we could think about is a giant orangutan. His voice is so iconic.

User Tag List