Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: I’m excited about the Dune remake

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    It’s true that everything after “empire” (besides the bikini) was steaming tauntaun poop.
    A commando raid to take out an impenetrable shield generator on speeder bikes was pretty awesome, but, then, Ewoks . . .

Rogue One is the only Star Wars movie of any worth released after the original trilogy.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

Rogue One is the only Star Wars movie of any worth released after the original trilogy.
    ... I so want to disagree with this, but I can't.

Although Donnie Yen's Chirrut Imwe character had to be at least highly force sensitive, possibly jedi material, if he'd been trained early on.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Just saw part 2.... It was impressive to say the least. Most of the changes I was okay with, especially understanding there is a part 3 coming, but I wasn't a fan of the 180° change done to Chani. I understand that the book's Chani was too much of a "50's housewife" for modern audiences and I would agree with updating her to a stronger character but damn... she's the one who had to convince Paul to marry the Emperor's daughter to make it all work. However I expect this to be resolved in part 3 so it's not a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

I agree with what you're saying regarding Rogue One, but as a counterpoint to the meme: Solo.

My son just pointed another somewhat odd detail regarding Chani. The director made the decision to change the Planetary Ecologist from her father to her mother which has brought on some criticism but I don't have a problem with it as it has no bearing on the plot, however, never showing Chani's reaction to her missing parent seems weird... shouldn't she at least once be like "Yo! Anyone seen my mom lately?"

Drive-By Shitpost:

The only good Dune is a cutthroat board game. And good luck finding enough people to agree for it to ever hit the table.

Site Supporter
    Name:  41337D7E-429D-49BD-89E5-7E6DE95841E3.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  56.9 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List