Thread: Social Shotgun, Martin GA, 7/19

Social Shotgun, Martin GA, 7/19

Registration & Info Link

This class focuses on the manipulations required to utilize a shotgun as a personal protection tool. Topics will include safety, proper loading and unloading techniques, ready conditions, ammunition considerations, and more.

Students should bring eye/hearing protection and a brimmed hat as well as personal comfort items such as food, drinks, chairs, weather gear, etc.

• A pump-action or semi-automatic shotgun with a tubular magazine capable of holding at least four rounds in the tube is required.
    • A means of carrying spare ammo such as a sidesaddle, butt cuff, belt carrier, etc.
    • 100 rounds of birdshot
    • 10 rounds of buckshot

Buckshot Recommendation: Federal FliteControl LE reduced recoil buckshot is strongly recommended. Speer and Hornady also produce reduced recoil buckshot with the FliteControl wad. These loads are WELL worth the money. They will give you a superior pattern and extend the effective distance of your shotgun.

Special note: 12 gauge shotguns are strongly preferred. 20 gauge shotguns may be used, but those using 20 gauge will have to be separated to avoid 12 and 20 gauge ammo being mixed together. Shooters wishing to use any other gauges should consult with the instructor prior to registration.

Cost: The tuition for this course is $100.00. A spot in the class may be reserved by making a $50.00 deposit (credit card fees apply if paying online). The balance is due on the date of the class.

Range Fee: $20 payable to the range on the day of the class

Weather policy: If the weather is such that it jeopardizes the students’ safety, the class will be postponed or delayed as appropriate. Otherwise, the class will go forth as scheduled rain or shine.

GA POST certified peace officers will receive POST credit for this class.

Tickets may also be purchased via Venmo or PayPal. Make sure to include your email address:

www.venmo.com/firstpersonsafety

paypal.me/firstpersonsafety
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

This class is limited to 10 students. I have four confirmed spots sold and three deposits supposedly on the way. Neither dilly nor dally.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List