Thread: Ex-Met Police Chief Isn't Woke Enough for Sky News

Ex-Met Police Chief Isn't Woke Enough for Sky News

Drops some knowledge bombs and hard truths.

I honestly didn't know it was happening there, too. I mean, I knew that BLM is now international and the UK as well as other places had riots, but I didn't realize they were even accusing the Bobbies of the same things they're accusing us of:

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1276404082295689216
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Guess the host didn't like hearing the truth.

Shocking, that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Drops some knowledge bombs and hard truths.

I honestly didn't know it was happening there, too. I mean, I knew that BLM is now international and the UK as well as other places had riots, but I didn't realize they were even accusing the Bobbies of the same things they're accusing us of:

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1276404082295689216
    Last edited by randyho; 06-26-2020 at 04:18 PM.

The chief that spoke in that clip reminded me, (attitude-wise), of virtually every copper from the Met I worked with or spent time around. I don't mean the racial politics, that was never a topic that came up...but the cut to the chase, deal with reality, stiff upper lip mentality. What a great bunch I was fortunate enough to have the privilege of working with.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The part where the interviewer angrily asks him if it’s appropriate to address the Black Lives Matter issues in such clearly racial terms may be the single best example I have seen to demonstrate just how Orwellian our language has become.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The chief that spoke in that clip reminded me, (attitude-wise), of virtually every copper from the Met I worked with or spent time around. I don't mean the racial politics, that was never a topic that came up...but the cut to the chase, deal with reality, stiff upper lip mentality. What a great bunch I was fortunate enough to have the privilege of working with.
    A couple of years left, those are the most satisfying realizations I've come to... daily, with the home team.
    Relatedly: COVID has provided an opportunity to deal with undiluted awesome that I am likely to never see again. #PutMeInCoach

User Tag List