Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-suppressor sights for G-19 MOS.

Non-suppressor sights for G-19 MOS.

After trying to learn to like the Gen 5 G-19 I purchased earlier this year I’ve decided I shoot better with iron sights.
    FWIW my ophthalmologist treated an eye issue I was having and now I can see sights again.

What is my best option for a brightly colored front night sight and blacked out rear sight that fits the MOS slide? It currently wears a set of Ameriglo suppressor height sights but they are just “odd” to use on the little gun.

Ameriglo Trooper is a Pro-Glo front with a serrated rear with two "blacked out" vials. Alternatively, you can just order the Pro-Glo front and a plain black rear from Ameriglo, it's pretty easy to get "one from column A and one from Column B"

Look for Ameriglo Troopers.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I’ve got the GL-420 (plain serrated U notch) with the Green .125 wide .180 tall Pro-glo front on all my MOS Glocks except the one with a Dawson F/O front that has the square notch...I’ve found it easier to order them direct rather than saving a couple bucks trying to piece them together from other vendors.

For my Gen5 G19 MOS and G45 MOS I went with 10-8’s MOS rear sight, std height, and matched it with the 10-8 Glock Front sight .235 tall. Initially I bought the .250 height as recommended by Hilton but found that I was shooting low.

Here is the txt from my review on Hilton’s site
    I found that I preferred the .235 height for my Glock Gen5 19 MOS and Glock Gen5 45 MOS, as well as a Glock 48, with the 10-8 Glock MOS rear sight. I tried the recommended .250 height sights and I found that for my ‘point of aim’ (at 10yds) they I shot too low. The .235 worked perfectly for me and I bought a set for each Glock.”

https://www.10-8performance.com/gloc...d-height-gen2/

https://www.10-8performance.com/gloc...ht-all-styles/

I was under the impression that the MOS rear sight dovetail sits farther rearward, and that the rear sight of the Ameriglo Trooper would hang over the end of the slide.

Didn’t Ameriglo make a set with the orange front sight of the Trooper but a thinner rear specifically for the MOS slide so that the rear sight wouldn’t overhang? I want to say it was for a federal contract.

Does anyone have more information on what I’m talking about?

Mr Trash,

From what I can tell the “Trooper” sights were a spinoff from a Federal contract spec.

I got an email from Ameriglo today advising me to use:
    GL-212-180-OR-C front
    GL-417 rear.

I ordered à la carte and the pricing as TCB stated wasn’t too bad.

Thanks for the input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Mr Trash,

From what I can tell the “Trooper” sights were a spinoff from a Federal contract spec.

I got an email from Ameriglo today advising me to use:
    GL-212-180-OR-C front
    GL-417 rear.

I ordered à la carte and the pricing as TCB stated wasn’t too bad.

Thanks for the input guys.
    Please let us know how this works out.

I’m curious to hear of the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I was under the impression that the MOS rear sight dovetail sits farther rearward, and that the rear sight of the Ameriglo Trooper would hang over the end of the slide.

Didn’t Ameriglo make a set with the orange front sight of the Trooper but a thinner rear specifically for the MOS slide so that the rear sight wouldn’t overhang? I want to say it was for a federal contract.

Does anyone have more information on what I’m talking about?
    The Trooper is designed for the MOS guns and I believe were introduced with the Glock 47 for the CBP pistol. It is the Agent/Bold sights will overhang the slide.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Please let us know how this works out.

I’m curious to hear of the results.
    FWIW, These came in today. The suppressor height sights came off and the new sights went on in 15 minutes. They hit dead on the center of the front sight’s orange dot at ten yards using Winchester 124gr NATO ball and with 124gr Gold Dot +P loads. Which should put rounds on the glowing tritium dot in low light.

I believe this setup is going to work better for my old brain than the red dot sight did, at least as long as my eyes sight stays decent.

User Tag List