Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Peterson: The activists are now stalking the hard scientists

Jordan Peterson: The activists are now stalking the hard scientists

He's back.

I have watched the universities of the Western world devour themselves in a myriad of fatal errors over the last two decades, and take little pleasure in observing the inevitable unfold. It is a failing of human reason, with all its limitations, ego, and pretensions, to serve as Cassandra; to derive a certain satisfaction in watching the ship whose demise was foretold breach its hull on rocks hidden from all other observers. The self-righteous pleasure of “I told you so,” is, however, of little comfort when the icy water wends its way around ankle, knee and thigh, threatening to swamp everything still retaining its incalculable and unlikely value, even if it simultaneously makes short shrift of the ignorance and willful blindness that is frequently part and parcel of the death of something once great.
    It is also necessary to note that the catastrophic failures of process and aim which I am about to relate were by no means hidden from the public view by the persons and institutions in question. They were instead positively trumpeted to all by multiple attempts to harness the powers of social media and announced, more traditionally, in press releases designed to indicate the success of some great and laudable moral striving. It is nothing less than a dire day when the proud revelation of vices of deadly and multifarious seriousness serve to substitute for announcements of genuine and valuable achievement, but that is where we are at — make no mistake about it.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jor...-47580d115e25/
    Twitter seems to exist primarily for the purpose of generating mobs — composed primarily of individuals who are hungry for blood and desiring to bask in the joys of reasonably risk-free reputation destruction, revenge and self-righteousness. Furthermore, as far as Twitter mobs go, those who complained about the Angewandte Chemie publication were by no means numerous, constituting perhaps less than a dozen.

No matter: once the complaints emerged, the editor of the journal in charge of Hudlicky’s work — Dr. Neville Compton — removed the paper from the journal’s website, and offered an abject apology for daring to have published it. Furthermore, he reported the “suspension” of two of the journal’s editors and cast aspersions on Hudlicky’s ethics, stating that his essay did not properly reflect fairness, trustworthiness and social awareness, while implying that the now-pilloried author and his peer reviewers and editors were discriminatory, unjust and inequitable in practice.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jor...-47580d115e25/

We just need to "de-colonize" science. It's only viable science if it speaks to how you feel about it. Whatever "it" is.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

They're collapsing my space...

I suppose if they collapse it enough, they'll end up with a...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Folklore won't get space force troopers to Mars, safely. If we can't get space force troopers to Mars, safely, how can we ever hope to colonize it?

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post

We just need to "de-colonize" science. It's only viable science if it speaks to how you feel about it. Whatever "it" is.
    What did I just watch?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Name:  nun.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  5.7 KB

Yes....?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

In their eyebox ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    What did I just watch?

Refuting of the validity of the scientific method and its products as a mere byproduct of colonialism. Basically Newton should have checked his privilege and redistributed the apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    What did I just watch?
    I believe it was actually a group acting out a Dunning–Kruger scenario.

Talk about 'you don't know what you don't know, but you're pretty freaking sure you do' that gal was chock full o' knowledge.

I kept waiting for the white gal to the left of the leader to tell her to STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Name:  nun.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  5.7 KB

Yes....?
    I believe he's talking about a black hole.

User Tag List