Thread: Cecil Burch 2020 Revised Seminar Schedule

Cecil Burch 2020 Revised Seminar Schedule

As many probably know, with the Covid19 shutdowns, it has been close to impossible for a lot of training courses to be held the past few months, and I have been hit harder than most, due to the fact that there is no way to "socially distance" yourself in my classes, since 95% of the time you are actually in contact with another person.

Fortunately, now that the majority of states are fairly open, I have been able to revise my schedule and shift stuff around. Some dates have been forced to move to 2021 ( I am already 3/4 fully booked for next year), but here are the ones that I will be doing for this year.

A couple of notes:

The Spokane should go with no problem. The host is even working on a backup if the state keeps gyms shut down, so we can train regardless.

The Retention shooting workshop in Casa Grande in October is a 4 hour block where we will just be working on that particular problem. It is hard to train this live fire at most ranges, and the handful of courses who teach it properly generally have a fairly short amount of time they can spend on it. In this workshop, we will just be hammering away to makes sure everyone has a solid platform and can perform well on demand. There will be a bit of blue gun work to contextualize thins, but 3/4 of the workshop will be live fire.

The July call in VA was a close enrollment class, but I asked the host to open it up for more since I had to push my Culpepper class to February of 2021. Hopefully, some people who were planning on that one will be able to go to Richmond instead.

The MUC workshop in August will be a fully immersive and deep dive in working on that part of the self-defense paradigm. Arguably, it is the most important part since done successfully it will keep you having to do anything else to defend yourself. And like the Retention workshop, very few classes are able to spend significant time here. We will be going non-stop for 4 hours. I am really looking forward to teaching this.

The August 16 IAJJ class in Phoenix at this point is an invite class since I will be professionally filming the entire event. I have invited some members of this forum to attend, and I will most likely throw it out to a few others.

There is still a possibility of Orlando in September, and Dallas late fall. But I don't know for sure on either yet. I will update here ASAP.

July

28/29
    IAJJ/IAP
    Fredericksburg, VA

August

MUC workshop
    Phoenix, AZ
    To register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/functio...jf9ZLIrGD7Aiyg

IAJJ (invite only)
    Phoenix, AZ
    ContactCecil@iacombatives.com

29-30 ( based on WA re-opening rules)
    IAP/IAJJ
    Spokane, WA

Septembe
    r

12-13
    IAP/IAJJ
    Philadelphia, PA
    Contact: http://racestreetrange.com/?fbclid=I...4TKPzwadzAYlmU

October

9-10
    Close Contact Handgun
    Phoenix, AZ

Retention Shooting Workshop
    Phoenix, AZ
    To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/retenti...3x1YrjcXk-lhxc

23-24
    Entangled Handgun
    Phoenix, AZ

November

7-8
    IAJJ/IAP
    LaCrosse, Wisconsin

13-15
    Tom Givens (IAC hosting)
    Rangemaster Handgun Instructor Course
    Register:

December

12 Labors Conference – Austin, TX
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 06-25-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Fixed dates for Wisconsin in November, and updated the contact email for VA in July

Looks like Dallas will be January 2021

It looks like Orlando will be a go for September. I will post up info ASAP.

Orlando announcement up in the appropriate sub-forum

Spokane is a no-go since the governor is closing facilities again. I cannot in good conscience ask a gym owner to take a chance on getting penalized, nor should I ask students to sign up and send me money while waiting to know if the governor will change things closer to the event. So we will postpone this for now.

My local MUC 4 hour workshop in Phoenix has been move to August 23.

Those are the latest updates

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post

Spokane is a no-go since the governor is closing facilities again.
    Bummer. I was looking forward to taking this class again.

User Tag List