Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden has a 'big lead' on Trump in Polls

Modern polling is a thermostat dial, not a thermometer.
    Polls are designed to adjust the temperature up and down, not take the temperature of the water the frog is in.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    What a great speech by President Trump at Mount Rushmore! Very inspirational!

Indeed. George Wallace never gave a finer speech. Very inspirational. It really stepped out to unite the people*

*The people being a very small group of angry white male rural Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Indeed. George Wallace never gave a finer speech. Very inspirational. It really stepped out to unite the people*

*The people being a very small group of angry white male rural Americans.
    Which parts did you dislike or do you disagree with? Fascinated to hear.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I was looking at the Vegas odds line: so far Biden is -160 and Trump is +140 (ie 64% vs 41% chance to win). It was almost reversed in February 2020. In August 18, 2016, Clinton was -450 and Trump was +345. On election day at 7:58 PM EST, Clinton was -700 and Trump was +450. By 9:50 PM EST, Clinton was +150 and Trump was -135. Vegas called Trump the winner way before CNN ever did.

Which parts did you dislike or do you disagree with? Fascinated to hear.
    Literally nothing he said was designed to unite the American populace. It's literally a Wallace/Nixon speech if the speechwriter was using a crayon.

If you are not a fan of Confederate traitors, this was not the speech for you.

Literally nothing he said was designed to unite the American populace. It's literally a Wallace/Nixon speech if the speechwriter was using a crayon.

Did you dislike Governor Kristi Noems speech as well?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Did you dislike Governor Kristi Noems speech as well?
    Didn't see it.

As I mentioned I found it inspirational and on point:

"Let us also send our deepest thanks to our wonderful veterans, law enforcement, first responders and the doctors, nurses and scientists working tirelessly to kill the virus."

Nothing really arguable here.

"And yet, as we meet here tonight, there is a growing danger that threatens every blessing our ancestors fought so hard for, struggled, they bled to secure."

You can pretty much find this anywhere the Ultra-Left is protesting. Airhorns, shaking fists in the face or outright physical attacks against any statement they disagree with.

"Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities."

Pretty well documented, even on video.

"Many of these people have no idea why they are doing this, but some know exactly what they are doing."

Watch some of the interviews of liberal protesters on various subjects. Pretty much clueless on the issues -on the other hand there are the professional agitators.....

"In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far left fascism that demands absolute allegiance."

"Our children are taught in school to hate their own country and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but that were villains."

The news is pretty much under the control of what? 5 or 6 corporations. I remember when the NEA was recommending "Rules for Radicals" on its teacher reading list. The face of fascism has changed from Nation State to Global Governance.

"We believe in equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment for citizens of every race, background, religion and creed."

Some people believe in this except for the rural white populace in the "flyover states."

"For the sake of our honor, for the sake of our children, for the sake of our union, we must protect and preserve our history, our heritage, and our great heroes."

Damn Straight.

"I love this country."

I can see where this would really piss people off.

Post here 3 consecutive paragraphs from the speech and point out the line or lines that distress you.

Why is it that progressives expect me to embrace their ridiculous crap to “unite” the country?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List