Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden has a 'big lead' on Trump in Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I see that happening. His VP pick will be a black woman. VP choices matter. Sarah Palin lost the election for McCain. This will be much bigger because we all know Joe can't remember what he had for breakfast, or if he had breakfast.

I honestly don't care who wins the presidential election. I probably won't be voting for either Trump or Biden. My main concern will be how widespread the riots are after the election.
    McCaign would have lost it on his own
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    She did win the popular vote by 3mm. Biden is not Clinton.
    Because we aren't really voting for Biden but voting for his VP who will likely be the president soon after a Biden win (speculation), I would give a black woman like Bottoms/Biden a fair chance of winning the election. Trumps popularity is;

Slip slidin' away
    Slip slidin' away
    You know the nearer your destination
    The more you're slip slidin' away
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    McCaign would have lost it on his own
    I guess we'll never know.

Sir, would you like mayo or mustard on your shit sandwich?

Because we aren't really voting for Biden but voting for his VP who will likely be the president soon after a Biden win (speculation), I would give a black woman like Bottoms/Biden a fair chance of winning the election. Trumps popularity is;

Slip slidin' away
    Slip slidin' away
    You know the nearer your destination
    The more you're slip slidin' away
    Bottoms...I've learned more than enough about her in the past few weeks to know that she's to be avoided at all cost.

No thank you.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Bottoms...I've learned more than enough about her in the past few weeks to know that she's to be avoided at all cost.

No thank you.
    Well then, how about Michelle O.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Sir, would you like mayo or mustard on your shit sandwich?
    I'll have to think on that for awhile.

Well then, how about Michelle O.
    Sigh...

So I can finally be proud of my country? I'll forego it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If I were tasked with making the case for a Trump victory I would note the following:

Four years ago at this point Hillary had a 12-point lead.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clin...ry?id=40114224

The national polls are interesting to the extent they reveal trends, but if Trump wins PA, Florida, Arizona and the other battleground states by a combined total of 18 votes, it is irrelevant that he loses California and New York by a combined total of 8 million votes.

Still, Rasmussen shows Trump at 47% approval, which is a few points higher than Obama at this point 4 years ago. Rasmussen pretty much nailed the popular vote in 2016
    https://m.rasmussenreports.com/publi...ez_track_jun24

If I were called by a pollster, in any given week my answer on the Trump approval question will likely be different than it was the week before. Given the choices am I going to end up voting for Trump? Hard to see how I don’t. Extrapolating from that probably means that there are more than 47% who will end up voting for him.

It also makes sense that the polls reflect a degree of “shy Tory”/“Bradley Effect” influence. Some of those polled who plan to vote for Trump wouldn’t feel safe saying so to a pollster for fear they could be personally identified. Even if only 2%, that is the difference maker in several states.

Several polls in the past 6 months suggest Trump will get a much larger percentage of the Black vote than the 8% he got in 2016. This jives with other stuff I see and hear. I predict he gets 28% of the Black male vote and 8% of the Black female vote, netting 18%. If that pans out, and I’m willing to bet $5 it does, that helps him bigly in purple states with a significant Black population. E.g., PA, Ohio, Wisconsin, North Carolina and Michigan.

The prediction I made to a friend a few days ago was that Trump would win all the states he won in 2016 except Michigan, and would pick up New Hampshire. Given this Michigan poll from a few days ago, done by the same outfit that was really close in much of its state polling in 2016, I’m a little less confident he’ll lose it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...t__143512.html

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sigh...

So I can finally be proud of my country? I'll forego it.
    Here's another scenario for you. I hear a lot of people say I just vote the lesser of the two evils. In the case of a Biden presidency, and he checks out, who replaces him? Anyone out there that would be acceptable as a president. This isn't far fetched. People voted for Trump based on the lesser of the two evils. So who could you see as Biden's VP given the real possibility that person may become the next president?

Or do you care? I don't because for me the games already over.

User Tag List