Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden has a 'big lead' on Trump in Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Biden should say he'll debate when Trump releases all his tax returns.
    Sure, that's a great idea, but will Biden even remember that—if it does happen—several weeks from now?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

When you peg your rights to one party you lose those rights in the next election.

This is why crap like these discussions kill the Second Amendment. Thanks assholes you made the Bill of Rights a. Political issue (sorry am drunk because 2020...)
    Neat. Now you're PUI (Posting Under the Influence). That explains a lot.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Well, he's an idiot too.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Guess that all depends on who you think is ahead. The hill dog thought she had it in the bag,too. And look what happened.. The first thing the Dems need to do is quit believing their own shit.. After watching BLM/ Antifa burn down cites across the country this summer, I’m not seeing how that’s a vote getter for the DNC, especially when these very same cities are run by Democrats who did everything they possibly could to encourage the rioting, you know, holding the police back, voting to abolish the police, not charging rioters etc, Like it or not the DNC owns all of this..
    The part that is really disgusting is these same cities likely won't lose their demo majority despite all of that.

When you peg your rights to one party you lose those rights in the next election.

This is why crap like these discussions kill the Second Amendment. Thanks assholes you made the Bill of Rights a. Political issue (sorry am drunk because 2020...)
    Don't even know where to start with this. We're not the ones making it an issue. Biden is with threatening to reinstate the standard capacity firearms ban. Complaining about that makes the members here assholes who are making the Bill of Rights a political issue? And we should pin our hopes on his party? Sober up.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Another measure of competency might be not sending pallets of cash to our enemies (Iran) whom provoked us and imprisoned our servicemen at every opportunity during the Obama presidency. Another measure of competency could be taking the fight to the Iranian general that was responsible for the influx of IEDs into Iraq (Qasem Soleimani). Do you know anyone that got hit by an IED?

Anyway, I want our president to give us a strong economy, to put American first, and to combat our enemies, not placate them sans results.
    So, you expect me to argue with the site owner? I agree with the last sentence totally. It is also apparent that my moderate ass doesn't hate Obama as vehemently as you do.

My understanding is that the cash was the remnants (plus interest) of money that Iran had placed in escrow to buy military hardware before the Shah was deposed. The U.S. seized the money after the students seized the American Embassy. I was also under the impression that we were mandated by some tribunal to return the money plus interest. Additionally, my belief was that the timing of the transfer was to get the nuclear deal done.

With that understanding, and knowing full well that I may be the only one on this entire website who thought the nuke deal was a good idea, I wasn't as upset as you apparently were.

Howsoever, since reading your post I looked into the deal with more detail and it appears that although Iran has paid about 2 billion to American companies and individuals who were victims of terrorism, they are still on the hook for billions more.

Again, let me say that I was in favor of the nuke deal. I took the IAEA inspection team's assertions that Iran was complying as correct and was hoping we had kicked the can down the road for a decade or so, hopefully giving time for more moderates to filter into the Iranian government.

Based on all that, I guess I really don't fault Obama for what he did. Greater good and all that.

Re IED's, yes the son of a friend was killed by an IED when his un-uparmored HUMVEE was hit. His brain stem was damaged, they kept him on life support until my friend and his wife arrived at the hospital in Germany. At that point, IMO, it was more of a Bush unfunded war thing.

I appreciated the fact that Obama, for the most part, seemingly listened to his military advisors, more so than President Trump has. Yes, I applauded the killing of Solamani (sp?). But, again, the Bush administration had several shots at him, as well as Obama. Their reasons for not acting were discussed after the Trump administration nailed him. Were their reasons legit? IDK.

President Trump hasn't done some things the way I would have, and neither did Bush or Obama. That doesn't necessarily mean they are incompetent.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    So, you expect me to argue with the site owner? I agree with the last sentence totally. It is also apparent that my moderate ass doesn't hate Obama as vehemently as you do.

My understanding is that the cash was the remnants (plus interest) of money that Iran had placed in escrow to buy military hardware before the Shah was deposed. The U.S. seized the money after the students seized the American Embassy. I was also under the impression that we were mandated by some tribunal to return the money plus interest. Additionally, my belief was that the timing of the transfer was to get the nuclear deal done.

With that understanding, and knowing full well that I may be the only one on this entire website who thought the nuke deal was a good idea, I wasn't as upset as you apparently were.

Howsoever, since reading your post I looked into the deal with more detail and it appears that although Iran has paid about 2 billion to American companies and individuals who were victims of terrorism, they are still on the hook for billions more.

Again, let me say that I was in favor of the nuke deal. I took the IAEA inspection team's assertions that Iran was complying as correct and was hoping we had kicked the can down the road for a decade or so, hopefully giving time for more moderates to filter into the Iranian government.
    I'm new here, so I try to stay out of political arguments with the cool new people I've met on this forum, but I also don't think the nuke deal was that bad.

I'm of the opinion that going to war with Iran over their nuclear program would be a colossal blunder. They aren't Iraq or Afghanistan, they're massively more technologically and socially developed than either of those countries at the time, and they have a large population. They can close off vital trade routes with trivial ease. I'm not saying we couldn't "win", but it would be an awful victory, and there's no way we get world support doing it. Iran probably gets serious backing from our geopolitical adversaries as well.

So if we're not going to war, but want to stop their nuclear program, what do we do? Espionage had an effect, but apparently not enough of one, and the nuke deal doesn't take that off the table anyway, especially when the US can have plausible deniability through Israel. So you make a deal to stop their nuke program. You pay them money to "put down the gun" and take the bullets out. Could the deal have been better? Maybe, I'm not an expert by any means. I do know that Iranian hardliners were pretty pissed about the deal as well, so it was doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    So, you expect me to argue with the site owner? .
    Do you really perceive this as being that kind of forum, or LL as being that kind of owner? Was it a lot easier to insult LL by implying that he’d banhammer you for arguing with him, than to defend your position?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Honestly you can argue/discuss with @LittleLebowski about anything (just my honest opinion - no I have never met the dude in person but I'd sit down and have a beer/bourbon with him any day despite the fact that we probably aren't aligned politically). Please don't think so little of him that he'd ban you because you don't see eye to eye with him. Mods here are shit but not that shit...

Site Supporter
    My PM conversations with LL is that he is ok with political dissent and discussion. The usual Trump/Biden, RKBA is the only issue, social issues pro and con, will go nowhere.

Both candidates are worthless as individuals. This is the honest viewpoint. You can only hope for some policies important to you. Then you have to weight the policies for the final decision about your vote.

User Tag List