Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden has a 'big lead' on Trump in Polls

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    There is no way to find common ground and unite with people who are so consumed with stupidity that they burn down an elk statue in the name of social justice.
    Seriously, where would you even start?
    They probably confused it for a white supremacist of the same elk ilk.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

There is no way to find common ground and unite with people who are so consumed with stupidity that they burn down an elk statue in the name of social justice.
    I was going to suggest obtaining matching lobotomies, but most of those folks seem to have already undergone the procedure so that's out as an option...
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    If it's been too difficult to find a transcript of the Mt. Rushmore speech, here's a link. So as to advance the debate, would you be kind enough to post 3 consecutive paragraphs from the speech and point out the line or lines that distress you so we have a better idea of where you're coming from?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...-south-dakota/

Good luck.

My thinking on this used to include allowing for the Democratic opposition to have a position on things I didn't agree with - Things like, I favored limited government, a robust national defense, but was fairly liberal on social issues (get gov't out of the bedroom, for example; what two consenting adults etc. etc.) In other words, I was prepared to have a serious debate on the best way forward, confident that the other side would provide their input, we could come to a compromise, but both of us would have the countries best interest at heart.

However, over my lifetime, it appears that the Progressive part of the D platform has drifted further to the left; and even more so recently over the last five or six months, and seemingly now at an alarmingly precipitous rate since George Floyd was murdered. His death seems to have been forgotten in the pent up rage being spilled out as a segment of the country wants (it seems) to eliminate institutions like the Police and evidence of our previous culture - good or bad - they deem offensive.

This. This right here.

The problem with trying to "advance the debate" with the mindset you are trying to reason with in this thread, is these days, you can be labeled a "fascist" for standing on a corner with an American Flag. "Supporting America" is equated with as "Systemic Racism". No amount of discussion will change their minds. That's basically what Trump did in his speech. The same people who object to America and it's Constitution, in which everyone is equal under the law, is how you get angry mobs of people burning down an Elk statue that's stood in Portland for 120 years. You can't reason with this. You just can't. If you are white, you are part of the problem. You either get in formation (read: support BLM, and pay reparations) or you're a fash. Simple.

My belief is we are headed into a dark abyss that will take years to recover from. The whole "defund the Police" movement will be successful. Communities of color will get the Policing Model the Urban White Rioters Protestors are demonstrating for, whether they like it or not. I don't think they will like it.

Meanwhile the oligarchs and other well-off white folks will give themselves high-fives on twitter and will move back into more and safer gated, ex-urban communities with private security, well armed and well trained (with a on-site Starbucks!) support staff. The people in our inner cities? They're fucked.

I'm just one retired old fart. I'm done arguing this crap online. Only thing I can do is continue to vote in support of political candidates I believe best represents my interests, and become more mentally sharp, physically fit and practice my skillset so as not to be a victim in what's coming.

Things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-05-2020 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Tai Poh

...and here’s another perspective, from ze Bunker...

https://youtu.be/PUif106VC-o

Make America Great Again! Rally - Portsmouth, NH

I live in Florida. I'm not certain Biden's camp is responsible, but I'm literally seeing TV ads that blame Trump for hurricanes.

Trump is responsible for hurricanes because of his policies. They don't even really hint at it. That's the level of nonsense we've hit.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    I fully support Trump rallies. They can get together in a closed space, eat, drink, and be merry.

After all Covid is just a Democrat conspiracy. Put your money where your mouth is. Fully embrace your fellow MAGA supporters!

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I live in Florida. I'm not certain Biden's camp is responsible, but I'm literally seeing TV ads that blame Trump for hurricanes.

Trump is responsible for hurricanes because of his policies. They don't even really hint at it. That's the level of nonsense we've hit.

-Cory
    Trump, losing to that...it has to suck for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Trump, losing to that...it has to suck for you.
    And it won't, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I fully support Trump rallies. They can get together in a closed space, eat, drink, and be merry.

After all Covid is just a Democrat conspiracy. Put your money where your mouth is. Fully embrace your fellow MAGA supporters!
    Keeping it classy as always...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List