Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden has a 'big lead' on Trump in Polls

Biden has a 'big lead' on Trump in Polls

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/24/213016...n-polling-lead

Election Day is still months away, but the current polling is painting a very bleak picture of President Donald Trump’s odds of reelection.

...The Times poll is particularly bleak for Trump, and even more worrisome for him, its underlying methodology which involves “weighting” the sample to party registration and not just demographic factors is a relatively Trump-friendly approach. And while some of Trump’s other polls are better, none of them are exactly good.
    Despite Vox's best attempts at painting a "very bleak picture" for Trump, they have to concede this bit at the end:

After all, Michael Dukakis was up by 17 points in mid-July of 1988.
    Translation - "We don't think Joe Biden will win, despite what the polls currently say."

And I think the translation at the end is correct. I also like how Vox and the polls are spinning it to suggest Biden is winning Arizona, Florida, and Pennsylvania - Basically the three states he really 'won' in the primaries, yet Trump carried all three states in 2016. I fail to see how Biden will overcome Trumps 4.5% margin of victory in Arizona against Hilary who is more likeable than Biden. The Florida and Pennsylvania races will be closer, but I don't see Biden winning Florida at the end of the day. Pennsylvania was the closest race of those three states in 2016 and will likely be a toss-up in 2020.

Site Supporter
    All the working people are too busy to get polled

I feel like this has happened before.

Interesting how Biden has been radio silent in the past several months. Clearly his strategy is to avoid screwing anything up and hope enough people vote for him as an alternative to Trump.

They might as well publish the ballots as "Trump" vs. "Not Trump."

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    Interesting how Biden has been radio silent in the past several months. Clearly his strategy is to avoid screwing anything up and hope enough people vote for him as an alternative to Trump.

They might as well publish the ballots as "Trump" vs. "Not Trump."
    Well thats generally what an incumbent election is.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I heard a quote that he's said his VP pick needs to be ready to become President from day one. Which suggests he may have let slip a fully formed bait and switch plan where he gets sworn in and then nearly immediately steps down due to his health issues. One heck of a Trojan horse play.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I heard a quote that he's said his VP pick needs to be ready to become President from day one. Which suggests he may have let slip a fully formed bait and switch plan where he gets sworn in and then nearly immediately steps down due to his health issues. One heck of a Trojan horse play.
    Quite sure that that has been the plan along. What better way to institute a "techtonic shift" in the desired goal of partially usurping a constitutional mechanism (the electoral college) they've never liked to begin with?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

You do know thats the job of a VP right?

There's nothing that says American values like choosing your V.P. not on their sterling reputation and capability, but on race and gender...

I mean if you're going to go big, why not go all the way. Release a handicapped, disabled, other-abled felon from prison, preferably transgender, identifying as some-thing in political power, and of a race other than other.

Ability and competence have nothing to do with it.

This is America people. We have to fulfill the dream.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I had that suggestion with McCain-Pailin....

pat

User Tag List